Three con men who met behind bars were headed back to prison for a $3.5 million Ponzi scheme involving comic books, movies and collectibles.
Federal prosecutors are accusing a Carol Stream man of scamming more than $4 million from clients to use in risky investments.
A former Crystal Lake man has been charged in a pending federal case alleging he and another man allegedly engaged in a Ponzi scheme that defrauded about 400 investors out of $105 million.
A Highland Park man has been sentenced to 15 years in prison in connection with a Ponzi scheme he ran with his son and daughter that bilked investors out of $10.7 million.
Federal authorities have charged two suburban businessmen with defrauding investors out more than $16 million in a Ponzi scheme.
A Geneva salesman has been charged with defrauding investors in four Las Vegas companies out of more than $5 million in a Ponzi scheme.
A man from northwest suburban Fox Lake has been sentenced to 4 ½ years in prison for concucting a Ponzi scheme that cheated more than two dozen people of $3.3 million.
A Mount Prospect man who raised about $12 million from investors in a real estate deal that federal prosecutors call a “Ponzi” scheme has been charged with wire fraud and sued by the SEC.
(AP) – A Chicago area hedge fund manager has been sentenced to six years in prison for his role in the $3.7 billion Ponzi scheme allegedly orchestrated by Minnesota businessman Tom Petters. Forty-five-year-old Gregory Malcolm […]
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!