“It’s perfect pothole growing season, as we like to say around here,” Chicago Department of Transportation spokesman Pete Scales said.
Chicago filled 350,000 potholes last year and this year could be a bumper crop, or bumpy crop, created by cold freezing nights and mild melting days.
The wild temperature swings we’ve been seeing lately in the Chicago area have produced a bumper crop of potholes on the streets.
February is usually prime time for potholes, but the Chicago Department of Transportation said Wednesday that it has all but eliminated the backlog of pothole repair requests dating back three months.
The City of Chicago is about to unleash the “pothole killer,” in a piece of good news for motorists fed up with flat tires and bent rims.
The number of potholes in the city is skyrocketing, and the city is now on track to fill 220,000 potholes this season.
The Chicago area’s thaw is allowing pothole patching crews a chance to hit the streets with renewed vigor.
Rising temperatures in the Chicago area might be melting some of the snow and ice left behind by last week’s blizzard, but it also will bring some new headaches for area motorists: more potholes.
The city’s pothole repair season is underway, and with 3,800 miles of streets to look after, crews are expected to be busy for the next couple of months.
Potholes are beginning to show up on Chicago streets. But the pothole forecast may not be as gloomy as it’s been in the past. CBS 2′s Dana Kozlov reports on why this could be a better year for drivers.
Your ride into 2011 may be a little bumpy in the Chicago area, all because of the warmer weather we’re getting today and tomorrow.
We all know potholes in Chicago can wreak serious havoc on your car. But even more frustrating for some: getting the city to reimburse you for the damage.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.667
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!