Officials at O’Hare International Airport are saying a bit more about what caused lights to fail on two runways Thursday night, but have yet to determine an exact cause.
A teenager is telling the story of her harrowing rescue from one of Chicago’s most recognizable high rises.
The outage affected trains between South Bend and East Chicago and caused “extensive damage” at the South Shore substation.
Train service has been suspended for South Shore trains between South Bend and East Chicago due to a power outage Sunday in Portage County, Indiana.
The Shedd Aquarium was evacuated Thursday afternoon when the electricity went out to much of the building.
Severe thunderstorms moved through Chicago Sunday afternoon with high wind and hail, and 155,000 customers were still without power by late evening.
A power outage on Midway’s airfield grounded dozens of flights and hundreds of passengers. The outage lasted for four hours, and CBS 2 learned the delays will be spilling into the weekend.
Power has been restored to the runway lights at Midway International Airport, after a night that left passengers stranded and miserable for hours.
The buzz of air conditioners is back for nearly 3,000 Lincoln Park neighborhood residents who lost power overnight.
CHICAGO (STMW) – About 900 ComEd customers in the North Side Uptown neighborhood are without electricity Wednesday night because of a downed wire. The areas affected by the electrical outage include the 4500 block of […]
A former worker said bodies were not properly stored in coolers, but instead were placed in the garage in winter and cooled with frozen water packs in summer.
Teams were working to restore power to a section of southwest suburban Lemont following a power outage caused by a car that crashed into a utility pole.
The turkey was in the oven, the side dishes were simmering and 14 family members were expected to celebrate Thanksgiving at David Zaya’s Northwest Side home when the power went out Thursday morning.
About 4,000 Commonwealth Edison customers on the Far North Side were without power for about an hour Saturday.
Morning storms caused quite a headache for firefighters, utilities crews and some residents Saturday in north suburban Skokie.
The Chicago Bears had some more trouble getting practice in on Wednesday, when a power outage forced them to move practice to a nearby high school in Bourbonnais.
A Mylar balloon is to blame for hundreds of power outages on Chicago’s north side.
It’s been a frustrating cycle this summer, with serious storms leaving those without power really suffering during heat waves. On Monday, some north suburban Glenview residents gave ComEd an earful.
ComEd has restored power to 145,000 customers affected by Wednesday night’s storm, but about 17,900 are still without power as of 8 p.m. Thursday, the utility says.
When the power went out on Monday, 250 animals and volunteers were left in the dark, without air conditioning, refrigeration and water.
- Former Glenbard East Student Charged With Planning Violence At SchoolIn November, Michael Santoro allegedly made plans of a violent nature against the school, but the alleged plans remained unknown an acquaintance reported the threat to police two weeks ago, after learning about the plans in February.291
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.311
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!