President Obama has signed a disaster declaration for 11 counties in northeastern Illinois, including the entire Chicago metropolitan area. WBBM’s Bob Roberts says it opens the door for homeowners and businesses to seek disaster assistance.
Hackers briefly took over the Associated Press’ Twitter account, and posted a tweet about a bogus explosion at the White House that injured the president.
A man in Mississippi has been arrested and accused of sending letters with suspected ricin poison to President Barack Obama and other leaders.
Though he loves basketball, the President of the United States may want to work on his jump shot a bit.
In 2012, President Obama’s men’s bracket ranked 2,347,421 out of 6.45 million entries, placing him in the 63.6th percentile.
Is the Obama administration failing the housing market? Maybe.
The first American to meet North Korea’s new leader says Kim Jong Un doesn’t want war with the United States. He just wants President Barack Obama to call him.
Funeral services were held today on the West Side for an 18-year-old Chicago High School student shot in the back, allegedly by a gang member aiming for someone else, reports WBBM’s Mike Krauser.
18-year-old Janay McFarlane was gunned down in suburban North Chicago, reports CBS 2′S Mike Puccinelli.
President Obama will return home on Friday to give a speech not far from where 15-year-old Hadiya Pendleton was fatally shot last month.
President Obama connected Hadiya Pendleton to his own neighborhood as the teenager’s parents sat in the gallery, right next to the 1st lady. CBS 2’s Jim Williams spoke to them earlier.
The shooting death of 15-year-old honor student Hadiya Pendleton last Tuesday has been the subject of Sunday sermons all across Chicago.
President Barack Obama honored the Miami Heat for winning the 2012 NBA Championship title after falling short just a year before.
The head of the Illinois State Rifle Association says Illinois has already complied with one of the elements in President Obama’s package of gun control proposals, and his group supported it.
When President Obama made his way around the Capitol today both before and after his inauguration, a fellow South Sider was escorting him.
This inauguration is special for Illinois Sen. Dick Durbin, who introduced Obama to the world political stage in 2004.
Illinois U.S. Senator Richard Durbin says he expects Congress will vote to expand background checks for weapons purchases to include gun shows.
The South Shore Drill Team will march in the inaugural parade and pass the presidential reviewing stand, where they’ll be cheered on by the Commander-in-Chief.
The Soul Children’s Choir of Chicago has a special place to fill in the presidential inauguration.
A South Side drill team will be representing Chicago in this month’s Presidential Inauguration Parade in Washington D.C. and it’s looking for donations to help cover the cost.
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!