If you have to fill up your car’s gas tank on Monday, you may be shocked at your total.
Just in time for your holiday travels, gas prices are going down.
Drivers are opening their wallets even more at the pump, especially here in Chicago.
But beware of the summer-blend that kicks in next week. It could force prices up by 5 cents per gallon. CBS 2’s Dorothy Tucker explains why maybe that’s not a bad thing.
It’s no surprise when we hear news of prices going up on today’s hottest products, but stop the presses — we’ve got good news about lots of products that will cost less in 2012.
Another giant coffee maker is reducing retail prices.
An annual report by the Illinois Commerce Commission finds some electricity customers could pay less this summer automatically – and the rest of us could pay less if we do a little research.
Climbing gas prices are putting the pinch on Chicago-area businesses and non-profits.
The price for a gallon of gasoline in Chicago is now the highest in the nation.
The average price of a gallon of gasoline in Chicagoland is hovering just above $4 a gallon, and that has led to reports of gasoline siphoning in some suburbs.
With oil and food prices surging, the consumer inflation rate rose last month at its fastest pace in nearly two years, up half a percent in February.
The price of food is up, according to the federal government, and economists do not see a decline anytime soon.
You’re not seeing things. The price of gasoline is shooting up to levels that Chicagoans haven’t seen in a couple of years.
Experts argue that driving far out of your way to fill up with cheaper gasoline doesn’t necessarily pay big benefits.
If you’ve filled up your car recently, you already know the price of gas is going up. The national average for a gallon of regular is $3.07. Here in Chicago, that same gallon costs $3.30. As CBS 2’s Dorothy Tucker reports, consumers will feel this price hike in more places than just the pump.
Weather in other regions have created a shortage of fruits and vegetables, which means their costs will rise.
Even if you don’t see any thieves or shoplifters as you shop on Black Friday, they still have their hands in your pocket as you shop.
You may be paying more for Thanksgiving dinner this year. CBS 2′s Roseanne Tellez reports.
- Man Charged With Sex Trafficking For Second Time In Cook CountyA man previously convicted of sex trafficking in Cook County has been charged again, this time for allegedly kidnapping a Minnesota woman and bringing her to Chicago to work in the sex trade.201
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!