Former Chicago priest Daniel McCormack faces a new challenge on Monday
The longtime pastor of a Catholic church in the Longwood Manor neighborhood is leaving the position he’s held for 35 years, but he’s not going quietly.
CBS 2′s Walter Jacobson says an 80-year-old Chicago should not be put out to pasture.
The pastor at St. Bernadette Catholic Church in Evergreen Park has resigned, and the Archdiocese of Chicago has removed him from public ministry.
The Roman Catholic bishop in Joliet is allowing an accused predator priest to return to limited ministry, and advocates for priest sex abuse victims are livid over the decision.
The Diocese of Joliet says it is likely that a priest in the diocese engaged in the sexual abuse of a minor more than two decades ago. While the diocese looks further into the allegation, the priest has been placed on administrative leave.
The victims of sexual abuse will receive about $2 million each, attorneys for the men said in a news release.
The Chicago Catholic Archdiocese is facing another priest sex abuse lawsuit, involving a now-dead priest who allegedly molested a boy nearly 30 years ago.
A man filed a lawsuit Tuesday claiming a now-deceased Chicago Archdiocese priest molested him more than 20 years ago while he was a parishioner at a Mount Greenwood neighborhood church.
John Moulder is a Catholic priest who finds spiritual fulfillment and strength by playing jazz guitar. CBS 2′s Harry Porterfield reports.
A Chicago Roman Catholic priest takes a leap of faith tonight when he’s show trying his hand at stand-up comedy.
Roman Catholics will gather Friday morning for a funeral mass for a priest who served in a number of Chicago parishes. Don’t look for “The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn” on the list.
For the first time since the Rev. Daniel Mallette was brutally beaten by two robbers, the 80-year-old priest is appearing in public and giving out gifts to children at his parish school.
It was a scene of sheer terror overnight, two men accosted an 80-year-old Roman Catholic priest as he lay sleeping in his South Side rectory and brutally beat him.
A new sex abuse lawsuit has been filed against the Archdiocese of Chicago, but this one has a twist.
Massive thefts of church funds by the Rev. John Regan were so “brazen” they left lifelong Catholic Bryan Mraz questioning his trust in the clergy.
Father Roy Bourgeois has turned to leading a one-man campaign for women priests. A Joliet priest tells CBS 2′s Derrick Blakley his opinion should be heard.
A Cook County judge will decide in a couple weeks whether the jury in a civil suit against the Jesuits over the sexual misdeeds of one of their own can impose punitive damages.
A new study out today analyzes the causes of the priest sex abuse scandal, which has left a cloud over the Roman Catholic Church for the past decade.
A lawsuit is expected to be filed today against the Roman Catholic Church – specifically, the Vatican – over a former priest who molested young boys on the city’s West Side.
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!