Timothy Smith tearfully apologized Thursday for pimping his pregnant wife and for gunning down an unarmed man who came to their McHenry County home seeking sex.
A former northern Illinois comptroller sentenced this year for stealing nearly $54 million from her community has been transferred to a federal jail in downtown Chicago.
Authorities in Indiana have busted a prison inmate for a second time for allegedly running a drug ring from his cell.
Patti Blagojevich marked the first year of her husband Rod Blagojevich’s first year in prison by posting a message to the former governor’s supporters on her Facebook page.
At last report from his attorneys, Blagojevich was about to begin working in the prison library last November, after starting out washing dishes like any other new inmate.
The Illinois Department of Corrections confirms Peterson, 59, arrived Thursday at Menard Correctional Center near Chester, Ill.
A Chicago woman was back with her family on Monday after seven years behind bars, now that her conviction has been overturned.
Less than a day after declaring his innocence at the top of his lungs during his sentencing hearing, former Bolingbrook cop Drew Peterson was transferred from the Will County Jail to a state prison in Pontiac to begin serving his 38-year sentence for murder.
A man who used a BB gun to steal a restaurant employee’s car last summer in southwest suburban Orland Park has been sentenced to 12 years in prison.
Former Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. has signed a plea deal with federal prosecutors, a deal which calls for him to plead guilty to misuse of campaign funds and let a federal judge determine whether he serves any time in prison, CBS 2 has learned.
CBS 2′s Walter Jacobson takes a poll of commuters about the former governor of Illinois.
As he prepares to leave prison tomorrow for a Chicago halfway house, former Governor George Ryan is getting some unsolicited advice from a man who was once one of his top advisers.
A Chicago businessman who provided support to a Pakistani terror group and backed a plot to kill staff of a Danish newspaper that published controversial cartoons of the Prophet Muhammed has been sentenced to 14 years in prison.
Prosecutors say a serial drunken driver was knocking on the prison door to get in. Now, a judge is sending him there.
An Oswego man has been sentenced to life in prison for the horrifying murders of his wife and children.
Former Gov. Rod Blagojevich has headed from the kitchen to the library at the federal prison in suburban Denver, as he continues his 14-year sentence for corruption charges.
Gov. Pat Quinn’s administration is defending its decision allowing community college students to take an “educational” tour of one of the state’s maximum-security prison while at the same time continuing to bar reporters from such visits as a security risk.
A former local youth soccer coach is heading to prison after pleading guilty Monday to one count of aggravated criminal sexual abuse and one count of aggravated child pornography.
A Hobart man pleaded guilty on Wednesday just as his trial was winding down on charges stemming from the death of his ex-girlfriend’s three-year old son.
A Naperville man has been sentenced to 15 years in prison after admitting he had sexual contact with a girl under the age of 13.
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!