Leading Illinois law enforcement organizations stepped up their opposition Wednesday to legalizing marijuana for medicinal use, warning Gov. Pat Quinn in a letter about lax motorist safeguards on a day a committee moved the measure to the Senate floor.
Illinois Senate legislation touted as a compromise between Chicagoans weary of street violence and gun owners eager to legally carry concealed weapons elsewhere appears more restrictive than promised, according to a copy obtained by The Associated Press. It will be redrafted before it’s even filed, a spokeswoman said Monday.
The sponsor of legislation that would allow medical marijuana use in Illinois said Tuesday he’ll push for a vote on the measure when lawmakers return to Springfield early next month.
State Rep. Carol Sente (D-Vernon Hills) said conversations with Northbrook neurologist Dr. Larry Robbins led to her increased concern about young athletes taking repeated hits to the head.
Kill someone with your car, and get a real punishment — that’s the idea behind new proposed legislation in Illinois that could take court supervision off the table in crashes that result in fatalities.
Illinois lawmakers have defeated a measure to allow private citizens to make audio recordings of police officers on the job.
The State of Illinois is a step closer to implementing a statewide ban on hand-held cell phone use while driving.
Illinois state government might be teetering financially, but our lawmakers continue to spend billions of dollars by passing legislation they sometimes might not even understand.
Doctors at Children’s Memorial Hospital and Chicago Public Schools officials said they support Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s push for legislation to use red light cameras to catch speeders near schools and parks.
New proposed legislation aims to close the loopholes that have allowed some Chicago labor union leaders to collect massive public pensions.
A group of Illinois Senate Democrats has introduced a proposal that would gradually raise the state’s minimum wage to more than $10 an hour, the highest minimum wage in the nation.
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.146
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!