Cook County State’s Attorney Anita Alvarez has suspended two prosecutors for failing to approve criminal charges against a man who had threatened to set his kids on fire after filling a bathtub with gasoline – then actually set them on fire three months later.
The Drew Peterson trial has wrapped for the week.
The judge in the Drew Peterson murder trial has sent jurors home early for the day, as he weighs a new request by defense attorneys to declare a mistrial. The judge said he will rule on the request Wednesday.
Ground has been broken for the new Jeanine Nicarico Advocacy Center in Wheaton.
The Kane County State’s Attorney is planning to ask for raises for his staff, and he says the reason is crucial.
Lake County prosecutors dismissed a 20-year-old rape case Tuesday.
The Cook County State’s Attorney’s office this week declined to pursue charges against the rising Cubs star.
A judge set bond at $450,000 for convicted former Gov. Rod Blagojevich, who was warned he could lose his home if he violates the agreement.
Federal prosecutors who sent former police Cmdr. Jon Burge to prison for lying about the torture of criminal suspects have now turned their attention to detectives implicated in torture, and to former Cook County prosecutors.
Rod Blagojevich wrapped up his testimony at his corruption retrial on Tuesday after seven days on the witness stand, including three days of cross-examination by federal prosecutors.
Federal prosecutors wasted no time painting Rod Blagojevich as a habitual liar on Thursday as they began cross examining the former governor at his corruption retrial on Thursday.
After federal prosecutors rested their case against former Gov. Rod Blagojevich on Thursday, defense attorneys told the judge they plan to begin calling witnesses next week.
Federal prosecutors accused Rod Blagojevich of “out-and-out fabrications” in recent media interviews, prompting the judge to advise the former governor “to restrain himself.”
Sparks wre flying Tuesday afternoon at the Cook County Board, over the size of budget cuts in the Cook County State’s Attorneys’ office.
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.113
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.198
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!