For the second day in a row, opponents of Chicago Public School closures marched near those buildings slated to be shuttered, reports WBBM’s Nancy Harty.
Chicago teachers are taking to the streets staging protest rallies and marches for three days over the mayor’s plans to close more than fifty schools, reports WBBM’s Mike Krauser.
Hundreds of nursing home staff members and others rallied outside the Thompson Center on Monday, trying to fend off new cuts for medical services.
Protesters gathered outside a retailer on North Michigan Avenue today, upset about a CEO’s comments regarding image and body type, reports, WBBM’s Terry Keshner.
A small but spirited group of people gathered in Daley Plaza to voice support for legalization of marijuana, reports WBBM’s Bob Roberts.
Activist Sandra Fluke was the main honoree. The Georgetown University law school student became a household name last year when a talk show host called her a prostitute because she tried to lobby Congress for mandatory health care coverage of birth control.
Opponents of same-sex marriage were targeting Chicago’s Latino community on Saturday with a march and protest, where they also faced off with gay rights activists staging a counter protest.
They are supposed to be taking a mandatory state test today, but about 100 CPS high school students instead were boycotting the test and protesting outside Wednesday’s school board meeting.
The so-called Million March Against Child Abuse is taking place today in cities across the nation. WBBM Political Editor Craig Dellimore caught up with a small crowd of demonstrators in Daley Center Plaza.
Parents upset with the Emanuel administration’s plan to close 53 public schools at the end of the school year took their anger to the streets Tuesday in the East Garfield Park neighborhood.
Anti-war activists targeted Boeing’s Chicago headquarters today protesting the company’s role in drone warfare, reports WBBM’s Mike Krauser.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel staunchly defended his administration’s plan to close more than 50 schools, as well as the head of the Chicago Public Schools, as thousands planned to gather downtown to protest school closings.
Protesters filled Daley Plaza, marched through the Loop and rallied again in front of School board headquarters to protest the board’s plan to close 53 schools on Wednesday. More than 100 of those protesters were detained and ticketed after staging a sit-in outside City Hall.
Same-sex marriage proponents made their views known Monday with a march that wound through downtown Chicago.
Students from Chicago Public Schools slated to close at the end of the school year and other opponents of school closings rallied in the Loop on Monday to voice their outrage over plans to close or consolidate 53 schools and 61 buildings.
Activists staged a protest Thursday over Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan’s decision to wait until the legislature follows a court order and passes a new concealed carry law, rather than appeal the case to the U.S. Supreme Court.
About two dozen lively protesters stood outside the Pakistan consulate of Chicago Sunday afternoon, trying to draw attention to the injustices of their brothers and sisters overseas.
As cardinals meet in Rome to elect a new Pope, Catholic women have been staging protests at the Vatican and around the U.S. to illustrate the lack of female inclusion in the Church’s hierarchy.
Funeral home directors and morticians led a demonstration against gun violence in Chicago.
First it was pigeons and then, the homeless. Hundreds of protestors in uptown are angry at the alderman there over what they say are decisions that don’t respect his constituents, reports CBS 2’s Dana Kozlov.
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.219
- Charred Body Found In Dumpster After Fire ExtinguishedAbout 11:05 p.m. firefighters were called to the 3100 block of North Kimball Avenue in the Avondale neighborhood after receiving a report of a dumpster blaze in a nearby alley.156
- 5 Dead, 18 Wounded In Weekend ViolenceFive people have been killed and at least 18 others wounded — including a 12-year-old boy left in critical condition — in shootings across the city since Friday night.4192
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!