Nearly 1,000 people attended a Planned Parenthood fundraiser Wednesday marking the 40th anniversary of the U.S. Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion. Protesters hoisting graphic six-foot-tall photographs of aborted fetuses greeted those who attended the fundraiser.
About 300 spirited demonstrators lined up at a makeshift soup kitchen and shanty town set up in Federal Plaza on Thursday, to protest the possibility of cuts to Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid as Congress looks to avoid the so-called “fiscal cliff.”
Ten people who were arrested Friday night after camping outside Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s Fifth Floor office in City Hall, to call attention to school closings, were released Saturday morning.
Six people were arrested Tuesday during a demonstration at city public health offices downtown.
A dozen protesters were arrested Wednesday evening, during a protest march through downtown Chicago, as part of a show of solidarity with a student strike in Quebec.
Were police families the target of threats from protesters?
Police Supt. Garry McCarthy and several other observers have praised officers in the field for their restraint during the NATO Summit protests, but some protest leaders say they cannot see McCarthy’s justification for the use of force.
A law enforcement source Sunday said the group beaten at a Tinley Park restaurant Saturday was made up of white supremacists, and those who assaulted them were protesters attacking their beliefs.
As as dignitaries arrive for the NATO Summit in Chicago, protesters and police are making news for an arrest controversy earlier this week in Bridgeport.
A Northwestern University political scientist says there is some irony in the tension between city and demonstrators against the NATO Summit, because Chicago needs demonstrators to raise its international profile.
With just two days to go before the NATO Summit begins, protesters are joining forces with the Mental Health Movement in their support to reopen clinics closed by the Emanuel administration.
NATO protesters say they are being harassed and unlawfully arrested and even detained ahead of the summit.
Seven of the eight protesters who were arrested outside President Barack Obama’s campaign headquarters on Monday were released from jail Tuesday.
Eight protesters have been arrested this morning during an anti-war demonstration at the Prudential Building.
Occupy Chicago activists are looking for help finding fellow demonstrators find a place to stay during the NATO summit, so they’re asking Chicagoans to let them occupy their houses, apartments, back yards, or churches.
Ten protesters were arrested Monday night after another protest at the Woodlawn Mental Health Clinic, which is set to close next week.
The group planning to protest during the upcoming NATO Summit is giving the federal government until 5 p.m. Monday to release its plans for a security perimeter at McCormick Place, or face a lawsuit.
Now that spring is here, the Occupy Chicago protesters are back. Several hundred people participated in a Saturday march through downtown streets that ended in Grant Park, adjacent to Michigan Avenue and Congress Parkway.
Anti-war protesters appear ready to compromise with the City of Chicago about a march during the NATO summit.
High School students posed as tear-gassed NATO demonstrators on Wednesday as Franciscan Saint James Hospital in Chicago Heights drilled emergency teams who might be needed if protests get out of hand during the NATO summit in May and Chicago hospitals are overwhelmed.
- BREAKING: Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With WomanA federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- Employee At Dunbar High Suspended After Pushing Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- Census Data: Chicago Slowest Growing Big City In U.S.Chicago gained nearly 10,000 people from July 2011 to July 2012, but was the slowest-growing major city in the country according to U.S. Census Bureau estimates released Thursday.130
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!