The update on the sale process came as Hostess also received approval to give its top executives bonuses totaling up to $1.8 million for meeting certain budget goals to bring down costs during the liquidation.
The parent company of the Chicago Sun-Times has purchased the Chicago Reader, reportedly for slightly under $3 million.
A group led by Magic Johnson has won the bidding war to buy the Los Angeles Dodgers.
DePaul University will be taking over one of the buildings on the Children’s Memorial Hospital campus after the hospital moves from its Lincoln Park home.
In the biggest order ever for a Chicago company, Boeing has finalized an order from Indonesian carrier Lion Air for 230 planes.
The sale of the Chicago Sun-Times is a done deal.
The owners of the Cubs have purchased the lot directly across from Wrigley Field, where a prominent McDonald’s now stands.
The historic Belden-Stratford building on Lincoln Park West has been sold to a Chicago investment firm.
Real estate mogul Sam Zell is reportedly paying $95 million to buy the Elysian Hotel in the Gold Coast.
Google has struck a deal to buy Libertyville-based Motorola Mobility Holdings for $12.5 billion in cash.
Former Chicago Tribune chief executive officer Randy Michaels is reportedly set to buy two high-profile local FM radio stations, on the heels of a new book that exposes some raunchy tales about Michaels’ conduct in Tribune Tower.
Deerfield-based Walgreens will buy online retailer Drugstore.com for $429 million.
Chicago-based Groupon could soon be part of the Google empire.
- BREAKING: Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With WomanA federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- Employee At Dunbar High Suspended After Pushing Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- Census Data: Chicago Slowest Growing Big City In U.S.Chicago gained nearly 10,000 people from July 2011 to July 2012, but was the slowest-growing major city in the country according to U.S. Census Bureau estimates released Thursday.130
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!