Service on CTA Brown and Purple line trains returned to normal Monday morning after work crews rebuilding the Wells Street Bridge finished a major phase of construction.
CTA’s Purple Line has seemingly become one big slow zone. It’s about to become a construction zone,
A big commuter headache returns tonight, with the closure of the Wells Street bridge.
The second phase of reconstruction of the Wells Street Bridge begins Friday night.
The rumble of CTA L cars over the Wells Street Bridge is due to resume Monday in time for Purple and Brown Line riders to return to normal rush-hour schedules.
This morning’s commute might be a big hassle for thousands who depend on the CTA’s Brown and Purple lines.
It’s a big hassle for thousands of CTA riders and it’s all to replace a major Chicago bridge.
Problems with switches at one of the busiest rail junctions on the CTA’s rapid transit system made a mess out of the homebound commute Friday evening and could mean delays until at least Saturday afternoon on lines that use the Loop L tracks.
With a poor rating from the National Bridge Inventory database last year, it’s time for a major revamp of the historic Wells Street Bridge.
Major repair work on CTA bridges is going to halt service on a stretch of the Purple Line in Evanston over the weekend.
Demolition crews are clearing away what is left of Roy’s Furniture Company in the Lincoln Park neighborhood, which was reduced to rubble by an extra-alarm fire Tuesday afternoon.
CTA trains on the Red, Brown, and Purple Lines were shut down in the Lincoln Park neighborhood for nearly three hours Tuesday afternoon, after an extra-alarm fire broke out at a furniture store next to the ‘L’ tracks.
An Indiana man died overnight, after coming into contact with the electrified third rail as he urinated on the Purple Line ‘L’ tracks in Evanston.
A CTA train fatally struck a man Monday afternoon on the North Side.
At the height of the morning rush Thursday, someone saw fit to walk around on the busy Red-Brown-Purple Line ‘L’ tracks near Fullerton Avenue and slow down the commute for everybody.
Customers on the CTA’s busiest rail line will soon have to put up with major construction, but the payoff will be a much faster and smoother ride.
Power problems at two of the CTA’s busiest ‘L’ stops brought delays to three lines at the height of the morning rush Tuesday.
If you’re tried of sitting in delays on the Loop ‘L,’ a fellow rider has a plan to speed things up.
The storms Thursday night brought a power line down onto the Purple Line ‘L’ tracks in Evanston, sparking a blazing electrical fire and shutting down the line for about 2 1/2 hours.
The Chicago ‘L’ is the nation’s most romantic transit system. I must get stuck on the wrong train cars. Anyways, I’ve compiled a list of the best date spots near each of the five top mobile love shacks in Chicago. To your love!
- Man Charged With Sex Trafficking For Second Time In Cook CountyA man previously convicted of sex trafficking in Cook County has been charged again, this time for allegedly kidnapping a Minnesota woman and bringing her to Chicago to work in the sex trade.201
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!