A minor derailment caused major delays on the Red, Brown and Purple ‘L’ lines Tuesday morning.
Police on Thursday apprehended two teenage boys who are charged with robbing a 58-year-old man on a CTA Purple Line ‘L’ train.
Two months after the CTA proposed closing five stops or even digging a new subway for the Red and Purple line ‘L’ system, improvements to the busy transit lines remains a hot topic.
Now that the CTA has comments from many of the more than 500 people who attended hearings last week on renovation of the Purple and Red Lines, what’s next?
Evanston CTA riders turned out for the last of four nights of meetings on proposals to renovate the Purple Line and the northern end of the Red Line.
The last of four nights of public meetings on reconstruction of the CTA Purple Line, and the northern end of the Red Line, takes place tonight.
Many riders in voiced outrage Wednesday night over a possible plan by the CTA to eliminate five stops, or maybe even bury much of the Red Line ‘L’ as a subway.
While neighbors and an alderman are outraged over possible plans to close several CTA ‘L’ stops on the Red and Purple lines, there were few angry words Tuesday at a public hearing.
Five CTA ‘L’ stops between the Uptown neighborhood and Evanston may be eliminated under a new plan to modernize the Red and Purple lines.
The newest CTA ‘L’ cars are on the move again.
The CTA Red, Purple and Yellow lines were delayed Tuesday morning after a man fell onto the tracks at the Howard terminal.
Now that the CTA has rebuilt the Green, Pink, Blue, Orange and Brown Lines, the focus is shifting to the Purple Line — if the state comes through with the promised money.
Everything you need to know about the UC!
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!