After a more than 13-year struggle with the complications of paralysis suffered during a high school football practice, a young man from the northwest suburbs has died.
A mattress fire at a home on the South Side Sunday afternoon was quickly extinguished by firefighters, who also rescued a quadriplegic man from the home and took him to a local hospital to make sure he was not injured.
It happened in the Australian wilderness. A young police officer was bitten by a mosquito and became immobilized, a quadriplegic who also cannot speak. Now he has traveled from down under to Chicago. Here, police officer Ryan Marron hopes he can regain what was lost.