One man was beaten to death at a CTA station, a 16-year-old boy was fatally shot and at least 15 other people were wounded in separate acts of violence across the city this weekend.
A firefighter was taken to a hospital in serious condition after he was injured battling a blaze in the Englewood neighborhood Thursday afternoon.
Police have issued alerts after two UIC students were robbed at gunpoint — and one beaten — in the last three days on the West Side.
An autopsy Thursday confirmed an Englewood man was killed by at least one of his own pit bulls Wednesday night.
A man was shot and critically injured early Sunday in the Brainerd neighborhood on the South Side.
It was another bloody night in Chicago, as gunfire ripped through communities on the South and West sides and left one person dead and 10 others injured between Monday afternoon and early Tuesday morning.
The vacant building that housed Goldblatt’s, and later Borders, in the Uptown neighborhood has been purchased by an investor who plans to bring in new businesses, according to a published report.
A 40-year-old woman was killed in a rollover crash on the Eisenhower Expressway early Sunday morning.
Chicago Police hope someone can help them solve the mystery of a John Doe, found wandering on a South Side street on Sunday.
A Chicago Police officer was hospitalized Monday morning, after a police chase ended on the south lakefront with the officer’s own gun discharging.
Saturday night’s $70 million Powerball jackpot went to a player in New York state, but someone who bought their ticket on the South Side came out pretty well, though.
At least 20 people, including a 10-year-girl, a 16-year-old girl and a 15-year-old boy, have been wounded in shootings throughout the city since Friday evening.
The Racine Avenue off-ramp on the inbound Eisenhower Expressway was blocked early Thursday, after a delivery van driver slammed into a tree.
Chicago Fire Department paramedic Mike Nolan says a hostile car-accident victim attacked him on the way to the hospital.
An extra-alarm fire in the Back of the Yards neighborhood engulfed four buildings Friday morning..
One man is dead, and another is wounded, after a drive-by shooting in the Uptown neighborhood.
Police continue to search for a gunman who shot and critically wounded a man in the Auburn-Gresham neighborhood this week.
Lakeview is most certainly Bears country, but at one bar in the area, hundreds of Packers fans will be flocking in Sunday to get some moral support and a little taste of home.
A man now stands charged in the death of a woman in a DUI-related crash over the weekend, about a mile from his home in the Englewood neighborhood.
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- RT @Millennium_Park: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole … 5 hours ago
- RT @ChicagoDCASE: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole htt… 5 hours ago