Two women have filed a lawsuit accusing several employees at a southwest suburban Joliet preschool of racial discrimination and harassment.
Unfortunately, political poll after political poll reveals that the presidential election of 2012 has much to do – in fact, more to do – with the race of the presidential candidate than most anything else.
Romney supporters, including his son Tagg, have moved away from dog whistle politics and are now engaging in outright disrespectful and racist campaigning.
While it is reported that 94% or more of African-Americans support President Barack Obama over Mitt Romney in the upcoming national presidential election, the rarely-spoken question is: Are many African-Americans only voting for Obama because he’s black?
While there’s nothing wrong with an African-American president speaking in a black dialect, there is something terribly wrong with him speaking in a black accent and cadence when undoubtedly inciting racism to a predominantly African-American audience.
Members of a Catholic fraternal organization on the Southwest Side have been accused of racist behavior toward a fellow member, who is black.
The media keeps suggesting that the racism regarding candidates has to do with whites not wanting to vote for a black man, even though Barack Obama won a presidential election with a great amount of white support in 2008. What the media isn’t talking about is the NBC-Wall Street survey results which say that there are basically no black supporters for the Caucasian candidate, Mitt Romney, in 2012.
In 2008 it seemed we had entered a new era of post-racial politics, but the dog whistle politics of the Grand Old Party has again raised its ugly head. In fact, since Obama’s election the Tea Party Republicans efforts to race bait have only increased.
Complaints that two Naperville North High School freshman lacrosse players were the targets of racial slurs before a game against Wheaton Warrenville South have prompted an investigation by officials.
An African-American female professor was denied tenure at DePaul. Some of her colleagues claim there’s a culture of exclusion. CBS 2′s Suzanne Le Mignot reports a group of professors are standing beside her, alleging a pattern of institutional racism.
Two Chicago men who work at Jewel-Osco have sued the company, claiming they’ve been the targets of racial slurs from co-workers for two years and that supervisors have done nothing to stop it.
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!