The penalties for blindside head shots have to be much stronger. Players are going to continue to try to injure each other until the cost is prohibitive.
You knew this was coming.
Tonight’s the night.
When the Blackhawks face the Coyotes in Phoenix Thursday night, they’ll once again be facing the man that has become public enemy No. 1 in Chicago: Raffi Torres.
Now, in just his third game back, Torres will face the Blackhawks in Phoenix on Thursday night.
Marian Hossa has reportedly been medically cleared following recovery from the concussion he suffered in April.
According to a report, NHL Commissioner Garry Bettman has reached a decision on the appeal by the Coyotes’ Raffi Torres to reduce his 25-game suspension.
A published report says the Phoenix Coyotes’ Raffi Torres could see his suspension reduced, more than two months after he delivered a hit on the Blackhawks’ Marian Hossa that left the winger out for the rest of the teams’ playoff series.
Raffi Torres, who is currently appealing a 25-game suspension, reached out to Marian Hossa about a week after he delivered the illegal hit that knocked the Blackhawks’ winger out for the rest of the series.
Phoenix Coyotes forward Raffi Torres and the NHLPA will appeal the 25-game suspension he received for his hit that knocked Marian Hossa out of the playoffs.
Whether the captain was directing a telling postgame comment towards Stan Bowman or not, Blackhawks fans will hope the general manger catches wind of Toews’ message and takes action.
Brendan Shanahan explains why Raffi Torres got a 25-game suspension for his hit on Marian Hossa.
Phoenix Coyotes forward Raffi Torres has been suspended 25 games for his hit Tuesday night on Marian Hossa that resulted in the Blackhawks winger getting carried off the ice on a stretcher.
NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman considers those complaints from various teams about their players receiving suspensions during the postseason as nothing more than “gamesmanship.”
Chicago’s top cop is weighing in on that savage hit taken by Blackhawks star Marian Hossa.
Blackhawks Coach Joel Quenneville criticized the game officials for failing to call a penalty on Raffi Torres after the Phoenix forward left his feet and hit Marian Hossa in the neck and head area in Game 3.
When the puck drops tonight at the United Center, the Blackhawks will be looking for a boost from an unlikely source.
Playoff hockey is supposed to be about speed, play-making and memorable goals.
The Blackhawks would be wise to leave revenge to the powers that be. Not only is violence, physicality, and goonery not their game, but they can’t afford to get in to an “eye for an eye” situation.
The Blackhawks are hoping to even the score in more ways than one in Game 4 against the Phoenix Coyotes at the United Center Thursday night.
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!