Tuesday night’s game between the Chicago White Sox and Chicago Cubs has been postponed due to rain.
A wave of strong storms will be sweeping though the Chicago area Wednesday and Thursday, prompting severe thunderstorm warnings and watches on and off.
Keep your umbrella handy today. Heavy rain and thunderstorms are moving through the Chicago area.
It’s looking like a messy week of weather for the Chicago area, with more rain likely on and off Tuesday, severe thunderstorms possible Wednesday, and even some snow possible Wednesday night into Thursday.
fun. roared through an impassioned performance of hit single “Carry On” during the 55th Annual GRAMMY awards ceremony, highlighting the song’s theme of perseverance by playing under a torrential downpour of rain. The band was […]
Chicago residents should enjoy this afternoon’s relatively mild temperatures, as showers and storms are expected to roll in later this afternoon.
Scattered showers for the rest of today will give way to a nice, warm, sunny Thursday–but that won’t last into the weekend.
Don’t get used to the sunny skies and pleasant temperatures that were dominating the Chicago area in the midday hours.
Rain will fall intermittently throughout this chilly, dreary day.
The week has been sunny, clear and temperate so far, but all good things must come to an end.
The showers that made this Friday morning gloomy have largely moved on their way, but look for a major drop in the temperature accompanying the sunny skies when the weekend begins.
If you’re an early-shifter, you might have gotten drenched by pouring rain on the way to work Tuesday. You won’t have that problem again for the rest of the day. But you’d be well advised to bring your umbrella with you on Wednesday.
Illinois going to get a little of the Isaac rain that had been aimed at the gulf coast, but likely not enough to affect Illinois agriculture.
While we won’t break a temperature record today, highs will hit the low- to mid-90s today and Friday, followed by a possible visit from the remnants of Hurricane Issac this weekend.
Rain the past couple of weeks has begun to pull much of the Chicago area out of drought conditions. And more may be on the way.
Given the drought conditions gripping the Midwest, the Chicago are really needs rain, but on Sunday, some areas got much more than they could handle.
The Illinois delegates have arrived in Tampa, Fla., for the Republican National Convention, saying the storm that forced the shift to a dramatically abbreviated schedule on Monday has been overblown.
On a rainy day at Wrigley Field, the Colorado Rockies struggled at the plate against Chris Volstad and the Chicago Cubs.
Isolated thunderstorms are expected to continue throughout the afternoon on Monday, and don’t be surprised to see a non-threatening funnel cloud.
The blazing sun and sweltering heat that defined much of the summer will be distant from Chicagoans’ minds Thursday afternoon, as rain falls and temperatures drop into the 60s – even before sundown.
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.317
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!