The near-record breaking heat that blanketed the Chicago area on Wednesday is expected to give way to cooler air the remainder of the week.
This week’s heavy rain is long gone, but in the next few days we should be seeing more reminders of it – of the buzzing and biting variety.
With the drought in Michigan and across the Midwest, this year’s harvest took a hit in quantity and quality. CBS 2′s Dorothy Tucker reports.
All of Illinois is now officially in a drought, and state officials are looking to the heavens for some intervention.
Parts of the Chicago area are now considered to be in a severe drought, but at least some rain is expected this weekend.
Following a day of triple-digit heat, the Chicago area is seeing some strong thunderstorms today.
Farmers have their eyes on the end of the week, when temperatures could hit triple digits. CBS 2′s Jim Williams reports.
Conditions will be idyllic as the work week comes to an end, but come the weekend, there is a chance of rain that could come when the Gay Pride Parade is in progress.
Kankakee County could also be in danger of flooding, weather officials say.
Chicago’s weather will seem like a cross between Seattle and Miami Wednesday, as the temperatures climb to highs that palm trees would like, but the threat of off-and-on rain persists.
The skies are dreary as rain falls off and on this Monday, but a little patience will pay off, because it will feel like summer again later in the week.
Conditions will be chilly and dreary for the rest of the day, and you might want to press your fireplace into service when the weekend comes around.
Rain will continue through the midday hours Wednesday, and thunderstorms could be cracking through the area later in the afternoon.
Skies were sunny and conditions were gorgeous in the midday hours Tuesday, but clouds will roll in later in the day.
Rain is expected for the entire Chicago area Thursday afternoon, but temperatures are as warm as the 70s in some areas and as cold as the 40s in others.
CHICAGO (CBS) — Temperatures were mild and pleasant with just a little bit of cloud cover in the midday hours Wednesday, but rain will be coming as a cold front arrives late in the day. […]
Rain will be sweeping into the Chicago area Friday afternoon and sticking around all weekend, but the White Sox home opener should be over before it starts.
The blast of rain that soaked the Chicago area Friday morning has gone on its way, but a chilly and dreary day persists.
Season-appropriate temperatures in the low 50s will prevail Thursday, but the sun will remain out all day.
On Tuesday morning, you might have felt as if you would blow away, as high and chilly winds gusted through the city for a second day. But as the afternoon goes on, temperatures will climb to the mid- to upper 60s.
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.146
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!