Members of the Guardian Angels crime-fighting patrol passed out leaflets in search of the man who sexually assaulted and robbed a woman waiting for a bus.
A jury convicted Arze of criminal sexual assault in May 2012 for the attack on a 48-year-old woman in his Berwyn office.
Women who have babies that are the result of rape would have an easier time keeping the alleged rapist out of the child’s life under a measure making its way through the Illinois General Assembly.
A McHenry County judge set bail at $3 million Tuesday for a man accused of raping at least five women he met online, after prosecutors revealed evidence of possibly 20 more victims.
A Rockford man has been charged with brutally attacking and sexually assaulting a woman in the South Loop in January, before breaking into her home and robbing her husband.
McHenry County prosecutors want bond revoked for a man accused of raping five women he met online through Craigslist.
Last summer, a 17-year-old girl walked out of her downstairs bathroom and was grabbed from behind by an intruder, who sexually assaulted her.
Two Loyola University students admitted Tuesday that they socialized with the man they have accused of sexually assaulting them in the days after the alleged attack in their dorm rooms on the school’s Lake Shore campus.
A couple from the Gresham neighborhood has been charged for the rape of two teenage girls and for forcing them to have sex with other men for money.
A Lake County jury convicted a north suburban Waukegan man of sexually assaulting an Evanston woman with learning disabilities.
A Loyola University freshman was charged with criminal sexual assault after allegedly raping two female classmates in their dorm rooms on the school’s Lake Shore campus.
A northwest suburban Elgin man charged with raping a sleeping woman was ordered held on $75,000 bond Thursday.
Lake County prosecutors have finally cleared the name of a man who served 20 years in prison for a crime he didn’t commit.
Bennie Starks served more than 20 years for a rape in Waukegan that he did not commit.
Shawn M. Stubblefield has numerous arrests on his record, dating back to 2001, and four criminal convictions, including prison sentences for theft and burglary. He is scheduled for a bond hearing Friday in Chicago.
Four men who were cleared last year of the 1994 rape and murder of a woman in the Englewood neighborhood have filed a lawsuit claiming they were framed by police.
Police have issued a warning about a serious and disturbing attack on a child in the North Lawndale neighborhood.
A Lake County man wrongfully imprisoned for 20 years — half his life — following the 1992 rape and murder of an 11 year old girl, has filed a lawsuit.
We are currently seeing two very different approaches to the post-debate push from the two Presidential campaigns – Obama has a much stronger opening to the two week push.
Indiana Republican Senate candidate Richard Mourdock said Wednesday that he is standing by his statement that when a woman becomes pregnant during a rape “that’s something God intended.” He says some people have twisted the meaning of his comment.
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!