Once again, a Republican politician has said something extreme about rape. Extreme and extremely stupid.
Indiana Republican Senate candidate Richard Mourdock said Tuesday when a woman is impregnated during a rape, “it’s something God intended.”
From being deceitful on Romney’s actual position on abortion to being deceitful that women get pregnant from rape or that women can die from pregnancy complications it is time to call the GOP on the deceit and the stupidity.
“Some girls rape easy.” Those are the shocking words of Roger Rivard, a Republican state representative in Wisconsin previously endorsed by Paul Ryan.
Three west suburban Aurora men have been charged with criminal sexual assault as the result of an ongoing investigation into an August attack on a 25-year-old Joliet woman.
A case of online dating has turned into a massive sex assault investigation.
After Mitt Romney’s 47% don’t pay taxes remark, Conservative columnist Peggy Noonan dubbed the Romney campaign a “rolling calamity” for all its problems and continuing self-inflicted wounds. At this point, she might have to extend that label to Republican efforts to take the majority in the Senate as they flounder and flip flop.
A Will County judge sentenced a Joliet man whom prosecutors called a “deviant pedophile” to 87 years in prison Wednesday for the 2008 rape of his girlfriend’s 6-year-old daughter.
Police are looking for a man who forced his way into a Near West Side apartment early Monday and sexually assaulted a woman at gunpoint.
U.S. Rep. Joe Walsh (R-Ill.) has criticized the leaders of his party for failing to stand up for embattled Rep. Todd Akin (R-Mo.) during his race for the U.S. Senate.
Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel isn’t weighing on whether Rep. Todd Akin should quit his bid for the U.S. Senate, but he says it’s clear why many in the Republican Party want the Missouri congressman to step aside.
The basic fact is that Romney, Ryan and Republican’s are uncomfortable with a few of the words Congressman Akin used. They are not, however, uncomfortable with the policy position he was expressing. The record shows that they march in lockstep with Congressman Akin.
Missouri GOP Congressman Todd Akin is apologizing for his controversial comments on rape, after coming under intense fire from both sides of the aisle, including U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin, President Barack Obama, and Republican Presidential candidate Mitt Romney.
Congressman Akin’s comments are unconscionable and while Congressman Akin owns the words that came from his mouth, the sentiment and his policy goals are shared by both Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan, despite their statements today.
A 33-year-old woman had told police she was pulled over by a fake cop Tuesday evening on a roadside in unincorporated Plano and sexually assaulted at gunpoint.
A Chicago woman on a rowing mission says she won’t be deterred by a sexual attack on her over the weekend in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
The reported rape of a 15-year-old girl that occurred inside a men’s restroom at an Elgin casino in the middle of a Saturday afternoon began with an off-the-cuff pact to commit an act of prostitution.
An 80-year-old man pardoned for a rape he says he didn’t commit finally feels vindicated after settling his lawsuit against the city.
Marcus Lyons was 29 years old and in the U.S. Navy Reserves and about to get his computer science degree when he was arrested.
The FBI added a new man to its 10 Most Wanted List: A fugitive from Chicago, wanted for rape and murder, more than a decade ago.
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaTwisters with that kind of force that flattened Moore, Okla., have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- Local Storm Chaser Describes ‘Sickening, Deafening Roar’ Of Oklahoma TornadoA south suburban man whose hobby is chasing storms was in Moore, Okla., on Monday when a massive tornado devastated the town, killing at least 24 people.224
- High School Duo Has Never Missed A Day Of ClassThey say no one's perfect, but one school in the far southwestern suburbs has not just one, but two students who have achieved perfection in one area.136
- Deadly Oklahoma Tornado Serves As Reminder To Prepare For Disasters“Tornado sheltering basics involved three steps – get in, get down and cover-up. The overall goal is to avoid flying and falling debris by putting as many barriers between you and the tornado as possible,” according to one expert at the National Weather Service in Norman, Oklahoma.121
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!