The Chicago River, once an old industrial pathway, would be transformed into the city’s new recreational frontier, under a project that hinges on an expected $100 million loan announced Thursday.
Want to know if high-speed rail plays in Peoria? It depends on which Peorian you ask.
The American citizens facing criminal trial in the troubled nation include Sam LaHood, son of U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood, a former Republican congressman from Peoria.
U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood came to Chicago with $44 million, and much of it will go to repair about 3.5 miles of CTA Blue Line track between Damen and Belmont. CBS 2 Chief Correspondent Jay Levine reports.
The Chicago economy is getting a bit of good news Monday morning, as the huge Englewood Flyover railroad project stands to bring hundreds of jobs.
Vice President Joe Biden and other White House dignitaries will be on hand Monday when Chicago’s next mayor is sworn in.
During a visit to Chicago, U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood offered no federal commitments to help rebuild or expand the region’s deteriorating transit system.
Former U.S. Rep. Ray LaHood, who now serves as President Barack Obama’s transportation secretary, is stepping in to mediate the ongoing feud between Mayor Richard M. Daley and two major airlines.
The Super Bowl is right around the corner and Barack Obama is throwing a Super Bowl Party and rooting for the Packers, even though he prides himself as a Bears fan. Among his guest list are the mayor of Milwaukee, Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony.
Illinois will get a portion of the $1.2 billion in high-speed rail money that newly-elected governors in Ohio and Wisconsin do not want.
During an appearance in Chicago today, U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood seemed to assume that former White House Chief-of-Staff Rahm Emanuel will become the city’s next mayor.
With an eye toward increasing safety and decreasing delays, the federal government will provide money to design a third air traffic control tower at O’Hare International Airport.
- Former Glenbard East Student Charged With Planning Violence At SchoolIn November, Michael Santoro allegedly made plans of a violent nature against the school, but the alleged plans remained unknown an acquaintance reported the threat to police two weeks ago, after learning about the plans in February.281
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!