The real estate magnate — who gained famed for scrutinizing contestants and firing ones he deemed incompetent on his “Apprentice” TV show — was the one on the hot seat as a plaintiff’s attorney grilled him over allegations he had engaged in a bait-and-switch.
Planning to sell your home? You may want to wait until 2016 before listing it.
To be the best in Chicago, you have to think like the best in Chicago.
Tinley Park-based Mack Cos. said it has sold nearly 200 single-family homes in the south and southwest suburbs to an Arizona-based real estate investment trust for $28 million.
A real estate agent showing a property in Northwest Indiana was sexually assaulted by two prospective clients.
The Emanuel Administration says it’s seeing an increase in tax revenues, and that is improving the City’s budget picture, at least a bit.
It’s what thousands of families across the Chicago area have been waiting to hear: home prices and home sales are both up. Those are two encouraging signs that the housing market is rebounding in Chicago.
Somebody is pushing a sweeping plan to give American homeowners low-interest loans over decades. Who’s behind it? CBS 2′s Dorothy Tucker reports.
Lots of food and drink may seal an atypical deal on a north suburban Glenview home.
Chicago City Treasurer Stephanie Neely says the same scam that put the deed to her South Side home in someone else’s name has spread to other states.
Itasca-based Hamilton Partners filed a lawsuit Wednesday against Illinois Secretary of State Jesse White alleging his office caused a multimillion-dollar real-estate deal to fall through by failing to process some paperwork.
Federal authorities have charged two suburban businessmen with defrauding investors out more than $16 million in a Ponzi scheme.
A new survey finds home ownership is still the American dream, even with home values plunging and the housing market mired in recession.
Chicago-based Groupon has found new “real estate” in the fiercely competitive daily deals industry.
One of the Chicago area’s most opulent mansions is now uninhabitable.
Even well-heeled buyers are expected to put down more money for a condo or a house in Chicago. CBS 2′s Vince Gerasole explains.
Chicago-based Giordano’s Pizza has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, but wants to keep the business running during its reorganization.
A Chicago man was sentenced to more than 7 years in federal prison for posing as a federal government official in a scheme to sell properties he did not own out from underneath the real owners.
Dustin Byfuglien’s old house in the Roscoe Village neighborhood is up for sale, for a cool $1.29 million. PHOTOS
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotPolice responded to calls of shots fired about 4:34 p.m. and found the man, whose age and identity were not immediately released, shot in the front seat of a vehicle in the 2800 block of Sheridan Road.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Three Stabbed On Northwest SideThree teenagers were stabbed in the Belmont Cragin area Thursday night on the Northwest Side.142
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!