A Joliet man was charged with vehicular homicide after he drunkenly collided with a Chicago police cruiser Friday night — killing a passenger in his car while wounding himself, another occupant in the vehicle and two police officers.
ORLAND PARK, Ill. (STMW) – Orland Fire Protection District officials plan to meet with the Cook County State’s Attorney’s office Thursday before disciplining the lieutenant charged with reckless homicide in the death of a 25-year-old […]
A ranking Orland Fire Protection District and Crestwood firefighter took prescription pain medication, weaved between lanes and drove 25 mph above the speed limit before causing a crash Friday that killed a 25-year-old west suburban Downers Grove woman, prosecutors said.
On Friday night, Patrick Bruce of Oak Forest crashed into a car being driven by 25-year-old Anasis Knox of Downers Grove, who was out with her step-father shopping for a car.
A parolee who spent nearly 12 years in prison for triggering a horrific drunken-driving crash that killed a McHenry County mother and her three children is facing new DUI charges.
A West Side man was charged with reckless homicide and DUI, after driving his vehicle into a group of pedestrians, fatally striking a man early Saturday in the Belmont-Cragin neighborhood on the Northwest Side.
A Highland Park teen pleaded not guilty Thursday to charges she huffed a cleaning product before her car slammed into a family on Labor Day, killing a 5-year-old girl.
The young woman accused of running over and killing a 5-year-old girl in Highland Park on Labor Day has been indicted for reckless homicide and driving under the influence.
A Lake County grand jury approved reckless homicide and aggravated DUI charges Wednesday for the Bartlett man accused of being high on cocaine and under the influence of alcohol when he allegedly ran over a 10-year-old boy with his boat.
A 24-year-old Cicero woman has been arrested and charged with DUI and reckless homicide in connection to a fatal rollover crash that occurred in west suburban Riverside last December.
A man who ran away from a crash that killed his back seat passenger last weekend on the Dan Ryan Expressway has been charged with reckless homicide.
A driver’s decision to chase another car caused a crash that killed a 23-year-old Oak Lawn woman, prosecutors say.
A Cook County jury on Wednesday found a Chicago Police officer guilty of reckless homicide for running over a teen bicyclist in a fatal drunken driving accident.
Jury deliberations continue later Wednesday morning in the trial of a Chicago police charged in connection with a deadly hit-and-run accident.
An off-duty Chicago Police officer charged in a deadly drunken driving accident wasn’t intoxicated and was only trying to avoid the 13-year-old boy riding his bike on the wrong side of Ashland when the officer struck and killed him, the cop’s attorney said at the first day of his trial Tuesday.
A Logan Square charged with reckless homicide for crashing the car he was driving into a group of people, killing one, during a gang-related chase Friday night on the Northwest Side has been ordered held in jail for violation of probation.
A northwest suburban man was sentenced to seven years in prison Monday for a 2007 crash near Hampshire that killed the four passengers in his car.
A former Naperville dentist accused of killing two people in a head-on crash on I-88 last month has died.
Authorities have charged a man with slamming into a bicyclist and killing him in the Pilsen neighborhood, then driving off.
A west suburban dentist with a history of driving while impaired was charged with reckless homicide Monday.
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!