One set of CTA ‘L’ riders waved construction hassles goodbye Monday as another braced for the May 19 start of one of the largest reconstruction projects in CTA history.
The second phase of reconstruction of the Wells Street Bridge begins Friday night.
Preparation for spring construction on the CTA’s Red Line will lead to the shutdown of weekend service on the Ashland/63rd branch of the Green Line for three consecutive weekends beginning at 10 p.m. Friday.
Relief could be on the way for commuters frustrated by the consistent gridlock they face on the Circle Interchange just west of downtown.
This morning’s commute might be a big hassle for thousands who depend on the CTA’s Brown and Purple lines.
The Chicago Transit Authority has selected a contractor to handle the massive rehabilitation project for the South Red Line, and the firm will subcontract about 30 percent of the work to minority- and women-owned businesses.
If you’re looking for work, there may be an opportunity Monday for you to become a bus driver.
The final leg of the Wacker Drive reconstruction project begins this week, and the intersection with Jackson Boulevard alongside the Willis Tower has closed.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel says the city is nearing a deal with the Cubs to renovate Wrigley Field.
About a year and a half after it began, the work to rebuild about half of Wacker Drive has shifted south.
Motorists on the Eisenhower Expressway and elsewhere are not imagining it – Illinois Department of Transportation officials agree that rebuilding the Congress Parkway Bridge is taking a lot longer than originally expected.
A huge construction parade is marching south down Wacker Drive starting Tuesday, as city engineers reopen Washington Street and close Madison Street to begin the second phase of reconstruction.
The Jane Addams (I-90) Tollway is wearing out, and the Illinois Toll Highway Authority wants a game plan to rebuild it quickly.
The city is advising drivers to stay away from Wacker Drive and Lake Street tomorrow, as more than 1,100 cubic yards of concrete are hauled in to rebuild the roadway.
Major construction is planned for the Jane Addams Tollway this summer, but only for 27 of the 77 miles of the roadway.
Three months into its latest phase, the City of Chicago says the massive Wacker Drive reconstruction project is on schedule and within budget.
Officials at Pilgrim Baptist Church, which burned to the ground five years ago, said Saturday that rebuilding could take several years.
The last of four nights of public meetings on reconstruction of the CTA Purple Line, and the northern end of the Red Line, takes place tonight.
All in all, pedestrians and the estimated 60,000 motorists who use Wacker daily survived the hassles of the construction project that got under way Monday, officials said.
The second phase of Wacker Drive reconstruction begins today, and several streets are already closed.
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- Winning Powerball Ticket Sold In FloridaIt's all about the odds, and one lone ticket in Florida has beaten them all by matching each of the numbers drawn for the highest Powerball jackpot in history at an estimated $590.5 million, lottery officials said Sunday.129
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!