hicago weather can be crazy in January, but this is one for the record books.
The warm, dry weather set another record on Wednesday.
This year will go down as another record-setting year for high gas prices in the Chicago area.
Rory McIlroy has won the PGA Championship, routing the field by a record eight strokes Sunday for his second major title.
Joliet police say they did not want to break a record they set last year, but it looks like it’s going to happen.
The area could experience something so rare that it has only happened once since 2000: A day when the high temperature cracks 100 degrees.
Chicago saw its second consecutive day of record heat on Monday, when the temperature reached 95 degrees at O’Hare International Airport early Monday afternoon.
A Leicester, England, man is looking to reclaim the record time for riding the whole CTA ‘L’ system, after three other teams broke the record this year alone, according to a published report.
Two Chicago guys broke a record Wednesday, sitting on CTA trains for more than nine hours as they snapped a picture of each and every stop.
The mega jackpot for Friday’s Mega Millions lottery game is now up to a world record $500-million dollars.
Just two months after a teenage boy from Rockford broke the record for the biggest walleye in Illinois, the record has been broken again.
Gasoline prices could approach $5 a gallon by Memorial Day and stay a record levels for much of the summer, according to a forecast by GasBuddy.com.
With little or no snow in the forecast, Chicago may soon break the record for the least-snowiest start to winter.
By noon on Wednesday, Chicago had already broken a record for the third wettest year on record, and counting.
As the temperatures soared well into the 90s for the fifth straight day, ComEd reported that customer demand hit an all time record.
The strong storms that hit over the Memorial Day weekend, combined with more storms later today, will make the month of May one of the wettest on record.
A south suburban elementary school is being announced today as first in the nation, if not the world, in the number of minutes students spent reading this school year.
A published report says the executive producer who wants to bring a reality TV series to Chicago’s Boystown has a serious criminal record.
Conditions are sunny and May flowers are in bloom at last, and with bone-chilling rain, overcast skies and even a late-season snowstorm, few in Chicago were likely sorry to see April go.
The calendar says April but the Chicago area could see as much as three inches of snow on the ground by Monday morning.
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.113
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!