Two Chicago congressmen reiterated their support for Jesse Jackson Jr. on Saturday, saying the former Illinois congressman is suffering greatly and needs time to get healthy before he can address the public.
Rev. Jesse Jackson said Wednesday that his son Jesse Jackson Jr.’s decision to resign from Congress has caused “a great sense of pain” for his family, but he said they’ve been encouraged by all the support they’ve received from the public.
The freshman senator, who had a stroke in January, says he’s walking a lot and even climbing stairs.
Two teen girls were rescued from Lake Michigan on Thursday evening, but divers continued looking for a third in the choppy waters off Loyola Park beach.
A 7-year-old boy from Gary, Ind., who was shot in the head last Christmas Eve has made what experts say was an unlikely recovery.
The 52-year-old Republican is adapting well to the program following the stroke he had the weekend of Jan. 21, doctors say.
More than two weeks after suffering a stroke and undergoing brain surgery, U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk (R-IL) has been upgraded to good condition and doctors said he will soon begin rehabilitation.
Doctors said U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk was continuing to make progress after suffering a stroke more than a week ago and undergoing at least two surgeries to relieve swelling on his brain.
Some are calling it a Christmas miracle. A 20-year-old woman from northwest Indiana, on the brink of death just a couple of weeks ago, recovered just in time for Christmas.
Late Tuesday night, White Sox slugger Adam Dunn had to undergo an emergency appendectomy. While that may seem like a very serious condition for Dunn, he’ll likely only miss five games.
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!