The American Red Cross of Greater Chicago cut the ribbon on its expanded facility this morning at 2220 W. Harrison in the Medical District on the West Side.
Fire engines, trucks and ambulances jammed the blocks surrounding a burning apartment building in the Avondale neighborhood today.
Both Lifesource and the American Red Cross say they’re in need of RH-negative donors. WBBM Newsradio’s Bob Roberts.
Martha Carlos, spokeswoman for the Red Cross, has seen all kinds of non-cash donations, including stocks and bonds, unused gift cards and unused airline miles. CBS 2′s Dorothy Tucker reports.
As odd as it seems, President Barack Obama and Governor Chris Christie of New Jersey are in the midst of a marvelous “bromance”.
On this Halloween, the Red Cross wants your blood.
Romney was asked at a presidential debate whether FEMA should be shut down in light of the deficit. Romney replied that FEMA should “absolutely” be shut down. He was asked specifically if that included disaster relief. He replied that it was “immoral” to provide such relief in the face of “larger debts”, emphasizing that “it makes no sense at all” to have such programs.
Twenty-two people were displaced from their homes when an extra-alarm blaze damaged two apartment buildings in west suburban Maywood Friday night.
The health department in Porter County, Ind., is investigating whether food provided by the Red Cross at a train collision scene made first responders sick.
Chicagoans will be helping relief and repair efforts in the hurricane zone. The American Red Cross of Greater Chicago and ComEd have already deployed crews in advance of the storm.
Three women, one of whom was severely burned, and two firefighters were injured during an early morning fire in Aurora Saturday.
The American Red Cross of Greater Chicago wasted no time putting nurse Mary Witherspoon to work when she volunteered to work with them at disaster scenes in January.
The American Red Cross of Greater Chicago has sent equipment and a disaster-relief worker to North Carolina, which has been hard hit by deadly tornadoes.
The American Red Cross of Greater Chicago assisted 28 people from three Saturday morning fires throughout the city.
The American Red Cross has opened ten shelters in the Chicago area to house stranded travelers and people displaced by Tuesday’s powerful blizzard.
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- Charred Body Found In Dumpster After Fire ExtinguishedAbout 11:05 p.m. firefighters were called to the 3100 block of North Kimball Avenue in the Avondale neighborhood after receiving a report of a dumpster blaze in a nearby alley.156
- 5 Dead, 18 Wounded In Weekend ViolenceFive people have been killed and at least 18 others wounded — including a 12-year-old boy left in critical condition — in shootings across the city since Friday night.7474
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!