CTA officials said so far, so good on the first weekday of the five-month project to shut down the Dan Ryan branch of the Red Line, forcing tens of thousands of commuters to use shuttle buses or other alternate routes on the South Side.
Today is the day the CTA shuts down the Red Line south of Roosevelt Road for five months of reconstruction.
It’s almost the end of the line for Red Line service on the South Side ahead of a massive construction project slated to begin on Sunday.
Nearly 100,000 Chicago Public Schools students would have to find a new way to get to class starting next week, once the CTA shuts down the south end of the Red Line for a major track overhaul.
In one week, on May 19, the CTA will shut down the south end of the Red Line for five months of reconstruction. Some riders are ready, others are not.
The Red Line and Brown Line resumed service on Thursday afternoon after a train car derailed on the North Side, creating a commuter nightmare for riders trying to get downtown.
One set of CTA ‘L’ riders waved construction hassles goodbye Monday as another braced for the May 19 start of one of the largest reconstruction projects in CTA history.
Police have arrested a teenager suspected of molesting underage girls on a CTA Red Line train last month.
The Chicago Police Bomb and Arson determined early Friday that a “suspicious” package left at a North Side CTA station was not, in fact, a threat.
The countdown is on: In just about a month, the CTA will begin the Red Line reconstruction project.
A teen was sentenced to 32 years in prison Friday after admitting he pushed a woman to her death on a CTA staircase after stealing another commuter’s iPhone, the Sun-Times is reporting.
The CTA says it plans to upgrade its wireless network so passengers can use their cell phones even in its subways and going through tunnels.
Preparation for spring construction on the CTA’s Red Line will lead to the shutdown of weekend service on the Ashland/63rd branch of the Green Line for three consecutive weekends beginning at 10 p.m. Friday.
Charges were pending Tuesday morning against a 33-year-old man who suspected of stabbing another man during an altercation at a CTA Red Line station on the Near North Side Monday night.
Cameron Griggs, 19, allegedly was with four other males who attacked two females and a male on a Red Line train at 15 W. 69th St.
Most of the CTA’s Red Line trains were suspended for about two hours on the South Side Thursday night because a man was killed by a train, authorities said.
Police are looking for a man who grabbed a girl in a sexual manner as she exited a Red Line train on her way to school Monday morning in the Loop.
Police are asking for help finding the man suspected of trying to rape a woman after she got off a CTA Red Line train on the South Side last month.
This morning’s commute might be a big hassle for thousands who depend on the CTA’s Brown and Purple lines.
Attention Brown and Red Line CTA riders: Your commute is about to change in a major way.
- Should Indoor Sprinklers Be Mandatory For New Homes?Safety advocates say new construction should include indoor sprinklers to make homes more fireproof. CBS 2's Chris Martinez looks at both sides of the debate.149
- Cop Shoots Trucker In Parking Lot Of Merrillville, Ind. Planned ParenthoodA police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.254
- 25 Years Ago, Laurie Dann Went On Deadly Rampage On North ShoreIt was 25 years ago today when a tragedy unfolded in Winnetka.246
- Neighbor’s Dog Seriously Injures 9-Year-Old BoyA nephew of the dog owner was able to pull the animal off the boy, who suffered bites to his arms and legs.321
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!