Investigators say a DNA indexing system led them to the man accused of a sexual assault on Chicago’s north side.
“Three of my fingers were literally, pretty much hanging off my hand, and that’s pretty scary,” says 31-year-old Anthony Kuber. CBS 2′s Pamela Jones reports.
Anthony Kuber was just trying to surrender to robbers, but he took five gunshots instead.
Normal service resumed on the Red Line Monday morning after an eight-car train derailed Sunday afternoon on the North Side, authorities said.
Three dozen new bus drivers have graduated from the CTA training program, in preparation for next year’s massive Red Line reconstruction project.
CHICAGO (CBS) — One more station has closed and another is reopening after getting a face-lift on the CTA’s Red Line. The Argyle station reopened at 10 p.m. Friday, and is the fourth to reopen […]
A rail switching error led to major delays on the CTA’s Red Line in the Edgewater neighborhood on Monday afternoon.
A Loyola University senior is dead, after falling onto the electrified third rail on the CTA Red Line tracks early Saturday.
The Chicago Transit Authority has launched a search for artists who will spruce up and bring some expression to seven Red Line stops along the north lakefront.
The Chicago Transit Authority has selected a contractor to handle the massive rehabilitation project for the South Red Line, and the firm will subcontract about 30 percent of the work to minority- and women-owned businesses.
Police are searching for two young men who have robbed Red Line train commuters at gunpoint on the South Side.
The North Side’s Argyle Red Line stop will close for up to six weeks starting Friday as crews work on long overdue repairs to the century-old station.
The Chicago Transit Authority is set to close the Thorndale Red Line ‘L’ station Friday night, as part of its program to give facelifts to seven stops along the North Side leg of the line.
If you’re looking for work, there may be an opportunity Monday for you to become a bus driver.
Red Line L trains were temporarily rerouted Saturday evening on the elevated tracks due to “fire department activity,” according to a statement from the Chicago Transit Authority.
The Chicago Transit Authority is taking extraordinary steps to make sure that South Side residents have a good shot at the jobs to be created the Red Line’s tracks are rebuilt through that area.
An arrest has been made in connection with a mob attack last month on a CTA Red Line train downtown.
A woman fell and touched the electrified third rail at the Howard CTA Red Line terminal Sunday night.
The Emanuel Administration says the $20 million project to rebuild and expand the CTA Red Line’s 95th Street station will have local community participation from beginning to end.
Passengers on the CTA Red Line may want to be more alert, as new research says it’s the line most targeted by criminals.
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Powerball Jackpot At $600 Million: Most Common NumbersThe Powerball jackpot was increased Friday to $600 million, making it the largest Powerball jackpot ever.781
- Police Believe Alleged Con Man Had Scores Of Victims In 4 StatesPark Ridge police were asking for the public’s health in a fraud investigation against a man they said has been using a fake identity to fleece people in at least four states.148
- Family Helping Fund Research For Rare Disease That Struck Son, DaughterThey start out growing up like any other child, until a seizure strikes. It's the first sign of a deadly, rare brain disease that robs children of their abilities before taking their lives. This weekend, you can help a Downers Grove family try to find a cure for Batten Disease.226
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!