The problem is in the word still being used that immediately brings to mind deception, lies and fraud.
Stephen, Please! ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith came under fire Thursday for using a racial slur on Thursday’s edition of First Take. The comment happened during a discussion of whether or not Kobe Bryant will play in […]
When Red Sox minor leaguer Jason Repko tried to rob a grand slam for Triple-A Pawtucket, every outfielder’s worst nightmare came true.
The Chicago Cubs have acquired right-handed pitcher Justin Germano from the Boston Red Sox for a cash consideration, Chicago announced Thursday.
Adrian Gonzalez spoiled Kevin Youkilis’ return to Fenway Park, hitting a tiebreaking three-run homer in the eighth inning to lift the Boston Red Sox to a 5-1 win over the Chicago White Sox on Monday night.
Jim Rome, host of Rome on CBS Sports Network and The Jim Rome Show on the radio joined CBS Local Sports to give his take on the biggest topics in the major sports.
As the White Sox were busy regaining first place in the AL Central, management was busy filling a hole at third base via trade. Former Red Sox, now White Sox, third baseman Kevin Youkilis was dealt during the eighth inning of the White Sox/Brewers pitchers’ duel.
Jarrod Saltalamacchia homered to back a strong start by Jon Lester, and the struggling Boston Red Sox beat the Chicago Cubs 4-3 on Saturday.
When Theo Epstein was introduced as the man in charge of Cubs baseball, he made clear his common-sense philosophy behind player contracts.
As Theo Epstein officially leaves Boston to take over as president of baseball operations for the Cubs, he says in an op-ed in the Boston Globe that his departure had nothing to do with the Red Sox’ “crushing” September collapse.
The Chicago Cubs have hired Theo Epstein as head of baseball operations, it was announced Friday evening.
Thanks to a once-thought-impossible confluence of circumstances — Boston’s historic collapse, an opening at Clark and Addison, and one man’s desire to leave the nurturing nest of his home city and spread his wings — Theo Epstein is reportedly ready to be the Cubs’ top baseball executive for five years and many millions.
Remember when I told Cubs fans that they should be rooting hard for a Red Sox collapse? They got their wish.
It was Boston’s first win in its last eight games against the White Sox.
The Chicago White Sox headed into Boston riding a three-game losing streak, but will return to Chicago coming off of a three-game sweep of the Red Sox.
The Chicago White Sox started their three-game series at Fenway Park coming off of a stretch that saw them lose four of five games. But they have the chance to leave Fenway Park with a three-game sweep of the Red Sox.
Chicago White Sox starting pitcher Jake Peavy had yet another impressive start since making his season debut a few weeks ago.
I had the absolute pleasure of spending three nights in Boston last week. It is easily one of my favorite places in the country. The people are incredibly kind and the pubs are plentiful.
Tim Wakefield held Chicago to four hits in 6 2-3 innings to lead the Boston Red Sox to a 5-1 victory on Sunday and send the Cubs home after their first visit to Fenway Park since the 1918 World Series.
Not even a Cubs’ come from behind win late could take the team’s focus on the status of Marlon Byrd who was hit in the face with a pitch in the 2nd inning tonight in Boston.
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.162
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!