But the prime Lincoln Park real estate where the hospital once stood still sits vacant, with redevelopment plans far from complete. CBS 2’s Marissa Bailey reports.
The village has come a long way since a man named Franklin Cossett led the emigration from Chicago in the 1870s.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel on Saturday unveiled plans to redevelop three old industrial sites on the Southwest Side – including the two infamous coal plants that closed last month.
The final plan calls for more than 1,000 new apartments, green space and retail shops as well, keeping some existing buildings and demolishing others. CBS 2′s Marissa Bailey reports.
Residents of a the Lathrop Homes public housing development, at Diversey Parkway and the Chicago River’s North Branch, are fighting to stay in their homes in wake of a CHA renovation project.
The owners of the Cubs have purchased the lot directly across from Wrigley Field, where a prominent McDonald’s now stands.
Not everyone is thrilled about the sweeping redevelopment project that will bring a new hotel and university office building to Hyde Park.
Demolition and redevelopment are one step closer for a long-vacant Lincolnwood Hotel with a colorful exterior and a seedy history.
Three years after it generated shouting matches and power struggles in City Hall, the plan to move the Chicago Children’s Museum to Grant Park has been declared dead by one official.
Mariano’s, the local concept for the Roundy’s supermarket chain will soon make its debut in the city, on the site where past generations enjoyed roller coaster rides and sideshows.
Newly-elected Ald. Michele Smith (43rd) is already following through on a campaign promise, and trying to curb the redevelopment plans for the old Lincoln Park Hospital.
Will the Chicago Children’s Museum stay at Navy Pier, or will it go? According to reports Wednesday, the answer seems to be a definite “maybe.”
A ruling could come soon in a controversial zoning plan for the old site of Lincoln Park Hospital.
Developers have revised plans for the site of the shuttered Lincoln Park Hospital, but some neighbors are still speaking out against it.
Progress is coming along on the new development on the site of the Harper Court shopping center in Hyde Park, according to a published report.
A Whole Foods and an outpost of the Second City comedy club are among the options being considered for a soaring new complex just off busy 53rd Street.
- Divers Pull Body From Lake Michigan On South SideA young man's body has been pulled from Lake Michigan, not far from where a missing University of Chicago student is believed to have been when he vanished during last week's thunderstorms.376
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.696
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!