Several members of the Chicago City Council said Tuesday they’ll be speaking out and pushing hard to reform City Hall, which could put them at odds with Mayor Rahm Emanuel and some of their colleagues.
The state could be another $1 billion or so in the hole before the Illinois General Assembly does anything. CBS 2 Chief Correspondent Jay Levine reports.
A new voice and a new website were added Monday to the effort to avert what appears to be the potential collapse of Illinois public employee pension funds. CBS 2 Chief Correspondent Jay Levine reports.
The Emanuel administration and some Chicago cabbies are set to clash over the city’s plans to reshape the taxi industry without raising fares.
Have you been hearing the talk about 14 years in prison for Rod Blagojevich, the reason being deterrence? The word is that Blago in prison will deter politicians from corruption, but I don’t buy it, because the facts don’t support it.
A group of Chicago aldermen, along with the Chicago Teachers Union and some community groups, rallied at City Hall Tuesday to push a move to allocate surplus TIF money to go back into the budget.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel sought to bolster his credentials as a reformer Wednesday, in an online interview with the head of a leading good government group.
Local courts, and not a state system of arbiters, would handle workers’ compensation cases if a bill awaiting state Senate action becomes law.
A bill sent to Gov. Pat Quinn Thursday would make it harder for teachers to strike and easier for bad teachers to be fire.
Gov. Pat Quinn still says workers’ compensation is his biggest legislative priority this month, but he’s still offering few details about when lawmakers will see his plan on the floor.
In a series of interviews, incoming Chicago Public Schools chief executive officer Jean-Claude Brizard says he looks forward to handling a daunting task.
With just a few weeks left in Illinois’ legislative session, Gov. Pat Quinn is providing few details on how to accomplish what he calls one of his biggest goals.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!