regional transportation authority
More Pace buses will be riding the shoulders of I-55 by next summer — and could possibly be taking riders between the Loop and southwest suburbs middays, and on specials to White Sox and Bears games.
The chairman of the Regional Transportation Authority is expected to issue an apology Wednesday for calling its paratransit vans a “limousine” service.
When Regional Transportation Authority Chairman John Gates wrote last week urging the Chicago Transit Authority, Metra and Pace to work more closely together, he wasn’t anticipating the collaboration that resulted.
The chairman of the Regional Transportation Authority is floating a proposal he says could save taxpayers as much as $150 million a year.
A House-Senate conference committee begins meetings next week on Capitol Hill to try to craft a new federal highway and mass transit program. On Wednesday, U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin came to Union Station in Chicago to collect ammunition for the Senate package.
Road and mass transit construction projects nationwide could begin grinding to a halt next week unless a deadlock over funding is broken in Congress, and U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) is getting impatient.
Metra doesn’t have enough money to fix what’s breaking, But that’s not stopping the commuter rail agency from studying a possible extension in the far southwest suburbs.
The Regional Transportation Authority’s new senior half-fare cards have only been in use since Labor Day, but it is already replacing hundreds each week.
Metra ended September with a $7 million shortfall, and it has some members of the Regional Transportation Authority board concerned.
The head of the Regional Transportation Authority said Thursday that he backs the CTA’s decision to demand major changes to work rules — and impose fare hikes and service cuts if talks fail.
Today is the day that CTA riders learn whether they will have to endure fare hikes and service cuts when the transit agency announces its budget plan for next year.
The mayor of Kankakee is asking the City of Chicago and the Regional Transportation Authority to drop their lawsuits, which accuse her city and Channahon of allowing businesses to use their cities as havens to dodge Chicago sales taxes.
The program that has allowed all Illinois seniors to ride public transit for free will come to an end at midnight Wednesday night.
Time is running out on the Seniors Ride Free passes that Chicago-area seniors have used on the CTA, Metra and Pace since 2008.
The Regional Transportation Authority will spend $435,000 in scarce funds to find out how pleased riders are with the CTA, Metra and Pace.
The Regional Transportation Authority is reminding eligible seniors if they have not received their reduced fare transit cards, they should contact the RTA’s customer service center.
New fare cards have begun to arrive from the RTA for more than 427,000 Chicago area senior citizens in the next few days.
New RTA fare cards are going out to 427,000 Chicago-area seniors sooner than expected.
The state of Illinois is coughing up some of the money it owes to the Chicago area’s transit agencies.
The Regional Transportation Authority is warning that the CTA, Metra and Pace may have to undertake emergency fare hikes and service cuts as soon as next month.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.654
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!