Five former Cook County Jail inmates are suing the Sheriff’s office.Five former Cook County Jail inmates are suing the Sheriff’s office.
U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-Ill.) has been released from the Mayo Clinic.
Former Chicago alderman and political powerbroker Edward Vrdolyak will be released from prison Thursday.
Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle said Wednesday that even with hikes in some taxes and fees in her 2012 budget plan, county residents are saving $400 million with the rollback of the infamous 2008 sales tax hike.
Instead of throwing a bon voyage party for two orphaned American eaglets, rehabbers are making them work for their supper so they will be ready to return to the wild.
A 46-year-old Humboldt Park man is adjusting to his newfound freedom, after 21 years in prison for a crime he didn’t commit.
The Illinois Supreme Court has denied former Bolingbrook cop Drew Peterson’s request to be released from jail while he awaits trial on charges that he killed his third wife, Kathleen Savio.
An editorial in the Chicago Sun-Times says accused wife killer Drew Peterson should be freed from jail.
Former Bolingbrook police Sgt. Drew Peterson is taking his case to the Illinois Supreme Court Tuesday, in an effort to get out of jail.
A man is out of jail, after pleading guilty, but mentally ill, to molesting two young boys in Northwest Indiana, and being sentenced to time served.
Attorneys for Drew Peterson expect to file a motion today, seeking the former Bolingbrook police sergeant’s release pending trial for murder in the death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio.
The notorious Milton Bradley officially has been released from the Seattle Mariners.
U.S. Senators Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) and Mark Kirk (R-Ill.) do not agree on whether photos of the slain Osama bin Laden should have been released to the public.
Chicagoans are reacting to the decision by President Barack Obama not to make public the gruesome death photos of Osama bin Laden.
The push is on for the public release of the graphic pictures of Osama bin Laden’s corpse, but some local experts have their doubts about the idea.
A man who claimed he was tortured into a false confession by police detectives under Cmdr. Jon Burge has been released from prison after 25 years.
The issue of gun owner privacy – or secrecy – is heading to the courts.
A published report says the Bears are planning to release backup running back Chester Taylor before next season.
Attorneys for former Gov. George Ryan are taking their case directly to the White House, after a federal appeals panel refused to let Ryan out of prison to spend time with his dying wife.
Former Gov. George Ryan should find out later today if he will be granted a temporary release from prison.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!