In west suburban Broadview, a weekly protest and prayer vigil outside the federal immigration detention center took on added significance Friday morning.
A Chicago woman was back with her family on Monday after seven years behind bars, now that her conviction has been overturned.
Alvarez said there were no Illinois charges pending against convicted murderer Steven Robbins, because a January 1993 arrest warrant for armed violence and cocaine possession had been dismissed in 2007.
A deputy fire chief for south suburban Chicago Ridge has been released on bond, and placed on house arrest, after he was charged with breaking into a neighbor’s condo in Tinley Park, beat her, and threatened to kill her.
Former Near North Insurance magnate Mickey Segal, convicted of stealing approximately $30 million from his company, is now a free man.
Media mogul Conrad Black has been released from prison, having completed about three of his 6 1/2–year sentence for defrauding investors.
Nearly four months after suffering a stroke, U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.) has been released from the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago and is now back at his Highland Park home.
A Chicago Police officer nearly killed last week in a shooting has an extra reason for getting better and returning to the street.
A 36-year-old Chicago woman was allowed to drive away with a blood alcohol level of 0.295, according to a published report.
Waukegan police have re-opened the nearly 20-year-old investigation into the rape and murder of 11-year-old Holly Staker.
The two bald eaglets rescued and raised in captivity after a springtime storm tore down their nest in Kane County are now creatures of the wild.
Four days after the murder of a 6-year-old South Side girl, the person police were questioning about the crime is no longer in custody.
Aurora Police have released the 21 year old man who allegedly drove over his 15 month old nephew.
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- History Of Tornadoes In Chicago AreaTwisters with that kind of force that flattened Moore, Okla., have hit the Chicago area in the past, and have been extremely deadly.593
- Local Storm Chaser Describes ‘Sickening, Deafening Roar’ Of Oklahoma TornadoA south suburban man whose hobby is chasing storms was in Moore, Okla., on Monday when a massive tornado devastated the town, killing at least 24 people.224
- High School Duo Has Never Missed A Day Of ClassThey say no one's perfect, but one school in the far southwestern suburbs has not just one, but two students who have achieved perfection in one area.136
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!