Mayor Rahm Emanuel acknowledged Tuesday there are still many details yet to be worked out in the deal on a $500 million plan to renovate Wrigley Field, but he doesn’t think that’s a problem.
The historic home of the Chicago Cubs will get a $500 million facelift, including its first electronic outfield video board, as part of a hard-fought agreement announced Sunday night between the City of Chicago and the ball team.
No face to face talks between City officials and the Cubs today. And still no deal on Wrigley renovations and Community development.
The Cubs and the city of Chicago are in the process of finalizing a deal for the renovation of Wrigley Field.
The Chicago Cubs and their Wrigleyville neighbors appeared close to an agreement Tuesday to give Cubs owners the green light for their planned renovation of the team’s landmark stadium.
With the Cubs’ self-imposed Monday deadline quickly approaching for a deal on $300 million in renovations for Wrigley Field, the major sticking point appears to be the size of a Jumbotron-style video screen the team wants for the stadium.
The Cubs’ $300 million plan to renovate Wrigley Field reportedly has early support from Mayor Rahm Emanuel, but could face opposition from the owners of rooftop bars across the street, and the alderman allied with them.
The Cubs have given up efforts to persuade the city to divert tax revenues to help fund Wrigley Field renovations – for now, at least – and have shifted their efforts toward getting restrictions at the ballpark eased to allow more sponsorship revenue, Cubs chairman Tom Ricketts said Saturday.
A $12 million renovation plan is in the works for Chicago’s century-old City Hall.
A plan to renovate a historic downtown building will benefit the prominent Chicago family that owns it, but it may not be such good news for those who pay the rent.
The Chicago Transit Authority on Monday night will hold the first in a series of public meetings about a bold plan to rebuild part of the CTA Red Line in a matter of months.
FTo make the transition smoother for everyone, consider the following tips before moving an elderly parent in permanently.
A Chicago alderman on Monday said he opposes parts of a plan that would allow the Chicago Cubs to generate more revenue out of Wrigley Field, according to a report in the Chicago Sun-Times.
A Humboldt Park church synonymous with tragedy — a 1958 fire that killed 92 children next door — will be re-dedicated this weekend. CBS 2′s Mike Parker reports.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel says the city is nearing a deal with the Cubs to renovate Wrigley Field.
A new patio deck and overall look to the revamped right-field bleachers at Wrigley Field should be the most dramatic aesthetic change to the ballpark’s interior in years when it’s unveiled for the home opener April 5.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel says his excitement about Theo Epstein coming to the Cubs has no bearing on to proposals for a publicly funded renovation of Wrigley Field.
CHICAGO (WBBM) – Union Station is running out of room for trains, even though Metra commuters are asking for more service, Amtrak is setting ridership records, and advocates want to make Union Station the hub […]
Park Ridge’s Pickwick Theatre holds local and national designation as a historic building, but some very modern upgrades could be on the way.
Two months after the CTA proposed closing five stops or even digging a new subway for the Red and Purple line ‘L’ system, improvements to the busy transit lines remains a hot topic.
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.6566
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!