City Hall has unveiled plans to build a new arena for DePaul basketball at McCormick Place, as part of larger plans to upgrade the convention center and redesign much of Navy Pier.
For the first time since taking ownership of the Cubs in 2009, Cubs chairman Tom Ricketts said he will move the Cubs within four years if his proposed Wrigley Field restoration plans were not approved by the city.
Staff from the mayor’s office and executives with the Chicago Cubs held a meeting Monday on plans to renovate Wrigley Field. There was no deal announced by the negotiators.
The CTA is about to spend $185 million to renovate more than half of its bus fleet.
CHICAGO (CBS) — One more station has closed and another is reopening after getting a face-lift on the CTA’s Red Line. The Argyle station reopened at 10 p.m. Friday, and is the fourth to reopen […]
The Chicago Transit Authority is set to close the Thorndale Red Line ‘L’ station Friday night, as part of its program to give facelifts to seven stops along the North Side leg of the line.
The Chicago Transit Authority is set to begin a major overhaul of seven stations on the heavily-traveled Red Line ‘L,’ in the Rogers Park, Edgewater and Uptown neighborhoods.
The Chicago Transit Authority ‘L’ tracks are getting a makeover in the Loop.
To use a cliché and say that The Logan Theatre has “had a facelift” would be an understatement. Everything seems new. From the floor to the ceiling, the insides of The Logan barely seem like the same theatre. In fact, everything is so darn nice, dates won’t be offended when I take them there anymore. How unfortunate.
Get ready for eight months of delays on the Red Line and Purple Line Express.
The Illinois State Capitol architect says dozens of artifacts have been discovered as crews continue tearing down walls in the building’s west wing during renovations at the statehouse.
U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood came to Chicago with $44 million, and much of it will go to repair about 3.5 miles of CTA Blue Line track between Damen and Belmont. CBS 2 Chief Correspondent Jay Levine reports.
You would think the donation of a million dollar home is a good thing, right? But a donation to the University of Illinois at Chicago is raising questions about why the school has spent more than $600,000 to fix up the house.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel says he will “sit down” with the owners of the Cubs about their efforts to get funding from the city for renovations at Wrigley Field.
A lot of changes are planned at Navy Pier, the state’s top tourist attraction. CBS 2′s Vince Gerasole reports.
Wrigley Field is almost 100 years old and is in need of a major renovation – and Cubs chairman Tom Ricketts doesn’t want to foot the bill alone.
While neighbors and an alderman are outraged over possible plans to close several CTA ‘L’ stops on the Red and Purple lines, there were few angry words Tuesday at a public hearing.
Taxpayers on the hook for Wrigley Field renovations? Walter Jacobson thinks it could happen, and he’s not happy about it. Why some quick wheeling and dealing in Springfield could cost you plenty.
Tom Ricketts and the Chicago Cubs would like to renovate Wrigley Field, but how will they get the money to make this park more suitable for the players and fans for years to come?
During their lame duck session starting Tuesday, lawmakers will consider whether to help out with renovations for Wrigley Field.
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.4003
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.6566
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!