Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr.
A seemingly simple question became a bit of a mystery on Wednesday: is U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr.’s home in Washington, D.C. up for sale or not? As CBS 2′s Brad Edwards reports, it turns out the answer is yes, but getting that answer was tougher than you might think.
The Rev. Jesse Jackson says his son will not be ready to return to Congress in the immediate future.
U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-Ill.) has been released from the Mayo Clinic.
It appears that U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-Ill.) has been thinking about his political future since he has been in the hospital.
The Illinois Department of Transportation says a report quoting a department official as implying a third airport in Peotone was a done deal is premature.
Several experts in psychiatry tell the Associated Press that a complicating physical illness may have arisen during the treatment of U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. for depression. But the congressman’s father, the Rev. Jesse Jackson, won’t confirm it.
The Rev. Jesse Jackson Sr. said Thursday that his Congressman son is “unwell” and “rebuilding his strength,” but had little else to say on the subject.
The mystery surrounding U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr.’s monthlong absence from Congress deepened Wednesday evening, as his office released a statement saying he is suffering from a “mood disorder,” without providing any specifics.
Better Government Association president Andy Shaw says U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson (D-Ill.) owes the public more answers than he has provided.
As deposed governor Rod Blagojevich serves his 14-year sentence on convictions that included trying to sell a U.S. Senate seat, his brother is headed to Washington to talk about who he claims offered to buy it.
The issue of a proposed third Chicago area airport near Peotone made for a few amusingly uncomfortable moments between Mayor Rahm Emanuel and Ald. Sandi Jackson (7th), whose Congressman husband is a big backer of the project.
U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-Ill.) is making good on his election night promise to push for the start of construction on a third Chicago area airport in Peotone.
Voters are heading to the polls Tuesday morning for an Illinois primary election that experts have said could be “defining” for the Republican presidential race.
U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr.’s primary challenger, Debbie Halvorson, says a Peotone airport controlled by Cook County won’t fly.
Former U.S. Rep. Debbie Halvorson on Thursday is formally challenging Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-Ill.) for his 2nd Congressional District seat.
The Rev. Jesse Jackson called attention to some schools that are not observing Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day this morning, during annual Rainbow/PUSH Coalition King Day holiday.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!