Rep. Lou Lang
The Illinois House Wednesday approved a measure to allow physicians to prescribe marijuana to patients with specific terminal illnesses or debilitating medical conditions.
Illinois lawmakers could vote on legislation to legalize medical marijuana this week, and a group of 250 doctors has urged them to support the measure.
The sponsor of legislation that would allow medical marijuana use in Illinois said Tuesday he’ll push for a vote on the measure when lawmakers return to Springfield early next month.
An Illinois state lawmaker said Wednesday that talking about gun control isn’t the only conversation we need to have after the shooting massacre at a grade school in Connecticut.
Gov. Pat Quinn has called for a special session of the Illinois General Assembly next month in an effort to finally reach a consensus on pension reform.
Offering up a direct challenge to a resistant Gov. Pat Quinn, the Illinois House resurrected a huge expansion of legalized gambling Wednesday that includes a land-based casino in Chicago, four more on riverboats and allowing ailing horse-racing tracks to add slot machines.
A bill to require abortion doctors in Illinois to offer the mother a view of an ultrasound is under attack, by lawmakers attaching hostile amendments.
A Victims’ Bill of Rights could be added to the Illinois State Constitution, if a proposed amendment makes it onto the November ballot.
The Illinois House has voted down the latest proposal to expand gambling in Illinois.
The second half of the Illinois General Assembly fall veto session begins Tuesday, with gambling expansion still to be dealt with.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel on Monday used the example of a big sinkhole that swallowed a car on Saturday to make a point about the need for a Chicago casino – a not-so-subtle shot at Gov. Pat Quinn’s reluctance to sign a bill that would allow for a major expansion of gambling in Illinois.
The State of Illinois is hoping to hit the jackpot with the area’s newest casino in Des Plaines.
A huge expansion of legalized gambling in Illinois is headed to the House floor.
Support is growing in Springfield for legalizing medical marijuana.
A measure that would keep the state’s list of registered gun owners private has advanced in the Illinois House.
If you suffer from chronic pain or are a cancer, HIV or Hepatitis C patient, you may soon be able to get a 21/2-ounce dose of medical marijuana.
The Illinois Attorney General’s office will try today to put on hold a state appeals court ruling that would undo Illinois’ major construction program.
A push to legalize medicinal marijuana failed in the state House on Thursday.
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!