BP initially paid Brian Cebra $9,400 for an initial round of bad-gas repairs. But then six weeks later when his wife was driving the truck died. CBS 2′s Brad Edwards reports.
Gov. Pat Quinn said Wednesday he wants cities across the state to take advantage of the $1 billion Illinois Clean Water Initiative.
Tackling home repairs on your own is already a pain. Make sure you have the right tools.
A popular route onto Lake Shore Drive will close next month for some much needed repairs.
Students taking a stroll along the University Of Illinois campus may notice something missing this fall.
Six Chicago Park District outdoor swimming pools throughout the city opened Sunday after being closed for repairs.
About 50 people filed into the South Shore Cultural Center Monday to sound off on the Chicago Transit Authority’s plan to shut down the south branch of the Red Line for five months next spring.
The CTA is planning to shut down the entire Dan Ryan branch of the Red Line for five months next spring to help get rid of the notorious slow zones on the rail system. It’s a problem created by 43 years of wear and tear along one of the most heavily traveled CTA lines in Chicago.
Tenants of an apartment building that’s in foreclosure in the Austin neighborhood on Chicago’s West Side say they’re fed up and are threatening a rent strike.
Business and labor groups say Illinois is not keeping up its highways.
It’s not hard to find cracked, broken and crumbling sidewalks in Chicago. Just about every neighborhood has problem and sometimes dangerous sidewalks and it’s likely to get worse with budget cutbacks threatened by the mayor.
CTA ‘SWAT teams’ will embark on a consolidated effort over the next 12 months to spruce up 100 CTA rail stations.
The normally lush, green grass of Grant Park remains brown and dried out as crews work on fixing the damage from the Lollapalooza music festival, which ended almost two weeks ago.
An unstable bridge, which has been the object of much debate, could get a reprieve in Northwest Indiana.
As officials at the Garfield Park Conservatory have begun working to repair widespread damage from last week’s hail, carpenters have building rolling wooden shields so workers can safely water ferns under shattered glass roofs.
Peeling paint inside the dome of the Illinois State Capitol in Springfield will require expensive repair work.
- Former Glenbard East Student Charged With Planning Violence At SchoolIn November, Michael Santoro allegedly made plans of a violent nature against the school, but the alleged plans remained unknown an acquaintance reported the threat to police two weeks ago, after learning about the plans in February.281
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!