The House Ethics Committee says it will continue an investigation into U.S. Rep. Aaron Schock over allegations the Illinois Republican sought donations of more than $5,000 per donor to a super political action committee.
According to published reports, the Commission on School Utilization might recommend closing as few as 15 underutilized school buildings, fearing that a large number of school closings might cause too much upheaval.
A 33-year-old woman had told police she was pulled over by a fake cop Tuesday evening on a roadside in unincorporated Plano and sexually assaulted at gunpoint.
The Office of Emergency Management and Communications will issue a report investigating the city’s response to three days of temperatures over 100 degrees, according to an office spokeswoman.
U.S. Rep. Randy Hultgren (R-Ill.) is updating the gloomy fiscal picture of Illinois’ finances painted last fall by now-ailing U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.)
A new report shows Indiana’s factories topped the nation in toxic water pollution discharge in 2010.
A final report has been issued on a highly publicized train accident that killed a Chicago woman two years ago.
The state of Illinois’ children is troubling, says a new report coming out Thursday.
Illinois Lt. Gov. Sheila Simon says the state’s community colleges are falling short, and has some suggestions for improvement.
The inspector general of the Chicago Public Schools has issued a devastating report on financial and other abuses in the public school system.
You might be inclined to hold your breath upon hearing this news – air quality in Illinois is getting a little worse.
A new report commissioned by Gov. Pat Quinn says the initial gambling expansion bill passed by lawmakers in May would bring in about $840 million less in new revenue than supporters have claimed.
Senator Mark Kirk says Illinois can forget about federal assistance if it goes to Congress saying it’s broke and needs a bailout. Kirk has released a report showing that Illinois state government is teetering on the edge of insolvency.
The Chicago-based John Howard Association prison watchdog group says the Menard Correctional Center downstate is becoming increasingly dangerous.
City Inspector General Joe Ferguson said Tuesday that former Mayor Richard M. Daley’s administration forced several firms that received city development subsidies to direct a portion of their own funds to charities, including one run by the ex-mayor’s wife, Maggie.
An Illinois Senate committee holds hearings Monday on the high cost of wrongful convictions.
It’s the worst kind of crime – abuse against mentally ill children – and it’s happening at the very place they turn for help: a psychiatric hospital.
It’s a cruel reality. Property taxes are up all over Chicagoland, according to a new report. In the city and suburb after suburb, property values are dropping, but tax levies for schools and services are going up.
Despite billions of dollars spent beefing up security since Sept. 11, 2001, a new report claims passengers may still be seriously vulnerable.
Social smoking and second-hand smoke can quickly do damage, according to the U.S. Surgeon General.
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.413
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.368
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!