Republican venture capitalist Bruce Rauner announced his gubernatorial bid for the 2014 election, saying he’s the anti-politician the struggling state of Illinois needs to “shake up Springfield.”
The demand for W. Mitt Romney to release his tax returns has become bipartisan. Conservative elected officials and pundits know that Romney is taking on so much water over his secrecy and questions of his honesty and that he has no other choice.
Down to the trademark “W”, W. Mitt Romney is literally the second coming of the George W. Bush: the economic strategy that led to the worst American economy since the Great Depression and the Bush legacy of secrecy in the face of questions from the American public.
With Illinois Democrats redrawing his district, U.S. Rep. Robert Dold (R-Ill.) is finding it vital to point to his bipartisanship as he runs for re-election.
Mitt Romney, the presumptive Republican candidate for president, was expected to rake in millions of dollars Thursday.
U.S. Rep. Joe Walsh (R-Ill.) is taking heat for some comments he made at a recent town hall meeting in Schaumburg.
A Republican super PAC funded by the father of Cubs owner Tom Ricketts has decided against launching a hard-line attack on President Barack Obama as he campaigns for reelection.
The child support case against U.S. Rep. Joe Walsh (R-Ill.) has been dismissed, following a resolution out of court with his ex-wife.
Mitt Romney had a clean sweep Tuesday, handily winning the Republican primaries in Wisconsin, Maryland and Washington, D.C.
Mitt Romney will return to Chicago from Springfield Monday morning, to speak at the university where President Barack Obama used to teach.
U.S. Rep. and Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul (R-Texas) says victims of the tornados in downstate Harrisburg and elsewhere in the Midwest and South shouldn’t receive any federal aid, and should instead buy insurance.
U.S. Sen. Richard Durbin (D-Ill.) is warning of serious transit troubles for the city on the horizon.
Mitt Romney won handily in the New Hampshire primary Tuesday, but his challengers say they are ready to fight in South Carolina.
A longtime suburban lawmaker is being forced to run for re-election as a write-in candidate.
Political analyst Stephen Caliendo says Mitt Romney has a lot of work to do after winning the Iowa Caucus by just eight points, and Rick Santorum can expect to have “a target on his back.”
On the eve of the Iowa caucuses, there is no clear cut Republican favorite. CBS 2′s Vince Gerasole reports.
Tea Party U.S. Rep. Joe Walsh (R-Ill.) was expected Monday to pick the district in which he will seek reelection, but as of late Monday afternoon, he had yet to make an announcement.
Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain strongly denied sexual harassment allegations brought by a Chicago woman, saying he doesn’t even remember meeting her.
Herman Cain has flatly denied claims the latest claims of sexual harassment by a Chicago area woman, in what is now one of numerous allegations against the Republican presidential candidate.
Former Sen. Charles H. Percy, a successful Chicago businessman once widely viewed as a top presidential contender, described himself as “a conservative on money issues but a liberal on people issues.”
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!