The Illinois Republican congressman who accused President Barack Obama of lying about the risks of not raising debt ceiling, is now accused of owing a six-figure sum in child support.
Illinois’ electoral votes haven’t gone to a Republican presidential candidate since 1988, but state Treasurer Dan Rutherford thinks 2012 could turn Illinois red once again.
An Illinois state representative who was also a descendant of one of Chicago’s pioneer settlers has died.
U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.) is suggesting Donald Trump would have a hard time against the rest of the Republican field once the GOP presidential primary race gets underway.
A former candidate for Illinois governor didn’t get out of politics after he lost in last year’s Republican primary.
Freshman U.S. Rep. Bobby Schilling (R-Rock Island) is just back from a tour of Afghanistan.
U.S. Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin is urging voters to write letters to their Congressmen and tell them to leave the funding for medical research alone.
Illinois is President Barack Obama’s home state, and Chicago is his hometown, but that’s not keeping potential Republican presidential contender Tim Pawlenty away.
Illinois Senate Democrats bowed to Republican pressure and are not yet calling for a vote on Gov. Pat Quinn’s plan to borrow money to pay pensions.
Two years after sweeping into the White House, President Barack Obama is now blushing, and the U.S. House of Representatives is turning just as red as his cheeks.
Democrats claimed at least 54 seats on their way to retaining a 60-vote majority in the Illinois House, but they continued to battle Tuesday evening to hold onto a big advantage.
Republican governors from Louisiana, Virginia and Mississippi rally for GOP candidate at event hosted by Tea Party groups.
With less than two weeks to go before Election Day, the candidates and the campaigns are all kicking into high gear.
Republican Bill Brady says he can’t imagine any circumstances where he would raise taxes if he’s elected Illinois governor.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!