The father of a Blue Island man who survived the sinking of the replica of the HMS Bounty during Hurricane Sandy said it hasn’t quite dawned on his son yet that he’s lucky to be alive.
Hundreds of birds that had been flying free in a trash-strewn townhome in Aurora were in a new home on Saturday.
A 6-year-old boy was in serious condition Tuesday morning, after being pulled from Lake Michigan by his even younger brother at the South Side’s Rainbow Beach.
Life jackets may have saved the lives of two 14-year-old girls when they were thrown from a jet ski and spent more than an hour floating in Lake Michigan Monday near north suburban Winnetka.
A 14-year-old boy was rescued Tuesday night after a floating pier he was standing on dislodged and carried him down the Chicago River, officials said.
Employees celebrated at a South Size Pizza Hut Tuesday, after it was announced that a number of restaurants in danger of closing will remain open after all.
A year ago, no one thought a dog named Ike would survive after being rescued on his namesake expressway.
Firefighters responded to a blaze in the 1800 block of North Wood Avenue Friday and rescued two canine occupants, one of which had to be revived with oxygen and CPR.
Several dogs go up for adoption today (Friday, March 25) in Chicago after being rescued from puppy mills in Missouri.
Five cats were rescued from a burning house Thursday afternoon in north suburban Skokie after the pets’ owners told firefighters they were still inside.
A woman and her dog were rescued by fire crews after she fell through ice while chasing after the dog Wednesday morning in northwest suburban Des Plaines.
FBI and local law enforcement agencies converged on hotels this weekend to bust pimps and take enslaved minors into protective custody.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!