University of Illinois president Michael Hogan has resigned and will step down on July 1, according to a published report.
The warden at the Lake County Jail in Northwest Indiana has stepped down, amid allegations that he was drunk when he showed up to the scene of a fatal hit-and-run crash that left one of his correctional officers dead.
North Chicago Mayor Leon Rockingham has accepted the resignation of his embattled police chief.
After just six days, the man who was appointed interim police chief in North Chicago has decided he doesn’t want the job.
A gay rights advocacy group is placing a full page ad on the Chicago Tribune, taking Francis Cardinal George to task for his remarks comparing the “gay liberation movement” to the Ku Klux Klan and calling on him to resign immediately.
A north suburban high school teacher accused of changing student grades submitted a letter of resignation, effective immediately, according to school officials.
Steve Jobs has stepped down as the chief executive officer of Apple, saying he can no longer meet his duties and expectations. Chicago Apple Store patrons are reacting.
Chicago Housing Authority chief executive officer Lewis Jordan has submitted his resignation, in the wake of questions about his use of a government credit card.
If ever there were a story in the news that won’t go away, it’s U.S. Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) and his Twitter. And Walter Jacobson says politicians don’t want to stop talking about him.
Dick Ebersol helped launch “Saturday Night Live” and established NBC as the home of the Olympics. On Thursday, he resigned as the NBC Sports Group Chairman.
The chief financial officer of the Chicago Public Schools is resigning, just as a new school leadership team stares down a $720 million deficit.
Former Supt. Terry Hillard is back in charge at the Chicago Police Department nearly eight years after he left the post, as the departure of Supt. Jody Weis draws mixed feelings.
Illinois State Sen. Rickey Hendon (D-Chicago) has resigned from his seat.
This is the last day on the job for Chicago Public Schools chief executive officer Ron Huberman.
The police chief in northwest suburban Prospect Heights has abruptly resigned.
Tribune Company chief innovation officer Lee Abrams has resigned, following a fracas that stemmed from a raunchy company-wide e-mail he sent.
Chicago Public Schools CEO Ron Huberman plans to resign before Mayor Daley leaves office next year, according to a published report.
- BREAKING: Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- Census Data: Chicago Slowest Growing Big City In U.S.Chicago gained nearly 10,000 people from July 2011 to July 2012, but was the slowest-growing major city in the country according to U.S. Census Bureau estimates released Thursday.130
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!