Brandon Byars was inside the restaurant in the 500 block of East 79th Street when a gunman on the outside saw him and opened fire, shooting him several times in the back.
Myron Freedman died Wednesday at the age of 95. A short time later, a fire broke out in the storeroom of Myron & Phil’s, the steakhouse and seafood restaurant he and his brother founded 43 years ago.
A new restaurant on Michigan Avenue called Howells & Hood just opened at the base of the historic Tribune Tower. The venue is using its name to pay homage to the iconic building’s original architects, and promises a wide array of delicious food and a huge expanse of over 360 beer draught faucets.
A late-night fire believed to have started in a hot water heater in the basement significantly damaged a popular Bucktown barbecue restaurant, and apartments located above.
George Ryan’s lawyer said Tuesday that the former governor did nothing wrong when he went out to dinner with family and a few friends on Sunday, despite being on home confinement through early July.
More than two years after his Northwest Indiana restaurant was raided by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents, a Richton Park man and his wife now face federal charges connected to that and a child day care business they ran.
Chicago police said Anthony White, 36, was arrested Thursday after an informant told authorities he was the armed robber responsible for the death of Lynn Ward, 54.
You couldn’t tell that an era was ending just by looking at Charlie Trotter’s fabled kitchen. Cooks were hard at work as usual, preparing another magnificent meal.
There’s a lot more to the Chicago River than watching it get dyed green on St. Patrick’s Day. The Chicago River offers great places to eat, drink and enjoy some time on the water. From walking to boating, there are some amazing hidden adventures to be found along the Chicago River.
A Pilsen man was behind bars Tuesday night, accused of threatening a former co-worker in west suburban Oak Park.
A law enforcement source Sunday said the group beaten at a Tinley Park restaurant Saturday was made up of white supremacists, and those who assaulted them were protesters attacking their beliefs.
The restaurant that employs the mother of two children killed in an auto crash on the south side last month is trying to give the family a helping hand.
Some of the best shops in the city involve creative owners trying to make an extra buck through two businesses at once. And while there’s plenty of these that you’d expect (gift shops or restaurants attached to hotels and museums), we decided to highlight some of the quirky and downright inspiring examples of Chicago’s multitasking business owners.
Police are looking for as many as six people after a shooting outside a Michelin-rated restaurant on the city’s Near West Side.
You can smell the smoker used at Barn & Company, a BBQ bar, a block away. The atmosphere is overwhelmingly fun! The layout is as big as a barn, the lighting is warehouse-bright, and the wood walls are adorned with pigs…
Charlie Trotter is calling it quits.
A massive fire destroyed a one-story building that housed a Chinese restaurant in south suburban Worth on Saturday after bystanders said they heard a loud explosion.
Moussa Al Sheikh and his brother, Mohammed, run one of Oak Park’s best known restaurants for Middle Eastern food, the Jerusalem Café. CBS 2′s Kate Sullivan reports.
An intoxicated 71-year-old man died Friday night after falling down the stairs at a popular Northwest Side restaurant.
Authorities in Oak Brook have arrested and charged a boy in the robbery of the upscale flagship McDonald’s restaurant at company headquarters.
- BREAKING: Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With WomanA federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- Employee At Dunbar High Suspended After Pushing Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- Census Data: Chicago Slowest Growing Big City In U.S.Chicago gained nearly 10,000 people from July 2011 to July 2012, but was the slowest-growing major city in the country according to U.S. Census Bureau estimates released Thursday.130
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!