A new restaurant on Michigan Avenue called Howells & Hood just opened at the base of the historic Tribune Tower. The venue is using its name to pay homage to the iconic building’s original architects, and promises a wide array of delicious food and a huge expanse of over 360 beer draught faucets.
Planning to snap a photo of your plate when you head out to dinner tonight? Some restaurants are cracking down.
Tortas are more than just Mexican versions of sandwiches at these five restaurants in Chicago.
With the trend of eating local still on the rise, it’s becoming easier to find healthy restaurant alternatives.
Before you know it, fall will be blowing into Chicago. So enjoy the last two months or so of nice weather while you can; and what better way to do it than enjoying either lunch or dinner outside along the Chicago River. I may be bias, but I think sitting alongside the river and eating lunch outside gives you some of the best views of the city with the river sparkling (although not sparkling clean) and the sun bouncing off the glass office buildings. It really makes you appreciate what a great city Chicago is.
The Chicago City Council has overwhelmingly approved an ordinance that expands the operations of food trucks on city streets.
A City Council panel has signed off on a plan that would legalize food trucks that cook their food on board, over the complaints from both food truck owners and traditional restaurants.
Indiana is the latest state to ban indoor public smoking, starting this week.
The Taste of Chicago may only run July 11-15 in 2012, but it’s still packed with loads of great food and entertainment.
Pull up a chair and start people watching in these wonderful French bistros, which serve everything from traditional to modern cuisine.
Full disclosure—I’m banging this drum again to anger people who don’t want to think. Call me a troll, I don’t care. People have to get angry at being wrong about something before they begin to consider converting to the correct side.
Celebrating at the Pride Parade won’t be complete without finding some good grub in the area to share with friends. These local restaurants are all just steps away from the festivities.
For those who like it hot, hot, hot, restaurants around Chicago are serving up different kinds of spices in all sorts of unique ways.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel said Wednesday that he is sympathetic with downtown businesses that might have suffered because of all the people who stayed away due to the NATO Summit, but he said the gathering of world leaders was still very good for Chicago.
Yes, rooftop bars often have restrictive reservation policies, get easily overcrowded, and charge a premium for the minimum, but the vibes and the breezes and the boozes often go a great distance toward making up for the fusses. Here’s a selection of the city’s finest upper-floor hangouts to sip, be seen, and gaze upon the wondrous urban canopy beyond.
Chicago restaurateurs are concerned about losing business during the NATO summit.
So you’ve got a friend, or a loved one, or a dining companion of any kind that has a thing for eatin’ animals. And you, you enlightened political activist or health-conscious lovely creature, you probably want to avoid watching said companion consume parts of an animal while you converse or cavort. But man… it’s a bummer trying to inflict vegetarian dining on someone. So why not just do it covertly? We’ve picked out five places that shouldn’t set off major meatless alarms…
Restaurateurs in the trendy Near West Side neighborhood that is home to Oprah Winfrey’s Harpo studios say they are struggling.
There is nothing like an amazing view to completely overwhelm you. The Chicago skyline with Lake Michigan is one of the more iconic skylines and we’re lucky enough to be living right here to enjoy it. It’s even better when you can enjoy an amazing meal to go along with it. Unfortunately, great meal + amazing view = usually high prices. Because of the pricey meal, it’s best to save these places for a special occasion.
The city’s restaurant community is gearing up for the NATO and G8 summits planned for Chicago in May, and officials insisted Monday they are not worried about security measures restricting access to their businesses.
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7479
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.6566
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!