The city has extended the deadline for restaurants to apply for spots at the new, scaled-down Taste of Chicago – in hopes of drawing more interest.
This is the second day of a three-day job fair in Rosemont, with dozens of jobs available.
With new restaurants opening seemingly every day, how are you supposed to keep track of them all? We’ve rounded up some of the most notable Chicago openings of the past few months so you can better focus your dining energy.
Restaurants at this year’s Taste of Chicago will have half the time to sell food, but must pay even more to the City of Chicago for the privilege.
The City Council on Wednesday passed an ordinance that will give restaurants with good public health records a break on inspections.
With the coming storm threatening to keep us from going outside, our only hope is one of the truest heroes in the food industry: the delivery boy. Here are five of the best restaurants that deliver on the Northwest side!
Elmhurst, Chi-town’s suburban cousin to the West, is a fun place for day tripping year round. Here’s a list of all the things you can do in Elmhurst year-round, no matter what type of weather Mother Nature offers up!
Sometimes the fine-dining at high-end restaurants isn’t as fine as customers might think. CBS 2′s Pam Zekman examined health-inspection reports for some of Chicago’s fanciest places.
There are thousands of restaurants in Chicago and many of them are operating outside the law by not offering proper public restroom facilities.
There’s nothing like the excitement of a race. 45,000 runners will hit the streets of Chicago to fulfill their dream of completing a 26.2 mile marathon this weekend. Many years ago, I was one of these happy runners, and now I am an even happier spectator. It’s true that running the race is like nothing else, but you can also get an adrenaline rush from watching the race.
While you like to try every new restaurant that opens in Chicago, it can be hard to knock the pricey eateries off your list. The solution? Take advantage of some of the excellent lunch deals available around town…
Restaurant owners have more to think about than simply the food when it comes to putting together a good experience for their customers. One part, which often gets overlooked by critics: music. I spoke with some of the people at popular Chicago restaurants who choose what people listen to while they eat.
This week’s major storm has been a nightmare for residents, with thousands of homeowners going more than 48 hours without power. But imagine owning a restaurant and having no power for more than two days. Imagine the mess and the smell of all the spoiling food.
Chicago is one of the best foodie towns in the world. It’s no secret Chicagoans love their food. These featured cookbooks will help you create your favorite Chicago recipes right in your own home.
From classy to corn dog, here are the best places in Chicago to eat with your hands. No forks required here!
Looking for a place to satisfy your sweet cravings in the Windy City? These candy shops offer it all — style, sass and most importantly sweetness.
There are a variety of delicious Mexican restaurants around the city of Chicago. Here are a few suggestions:
Who doesn’t love cupcakes? Bakeries specializing in this tasty treat have been cropping up everywhere in Chicago lately. Here are a few suggestions on where to get delicious cupcakes around town:
There are several restaurants that serve steak in Chicago. There are only a handful, though, that are really worth your while. Here are some suggestions:
There are many fine dining options around Chicago but if you’re looking for menus created by the city’s celebrity culinary artists, here are five of the best celebrity-chef restaurants. Table Fifty-Two 52 W. Elm St, […]
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- Man Critically Hurt In Jump From 3rd Floor Of HospitalA man was critically injured after attempting to jump from the window of a hospital Tuesday in the South Side Englewood neighborhood.201
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!